End of the year

jeffpn

Lifetime Member
Reaction score
It's almost the end of the year! How many gallons have you brewed this year?

Let's see, um... we'll say November is over, one month to go. 11/12ths times 200 gallons, carry the one, another adult in the house... I've brewed 183.33333 gallons so far!!!:D

I only managed to squeeze in 18 brew sessions in 2016, so far. I'm a little disappointed in myself, trying to notch that up into the 30s, or even the 40s for 2017.

Uncle Sam in the USA says I can make 100 gallon pre person per household up to 200 gallons. I would never cross a legal line such as this and post it on a forum. Some states vary on this amount.

Uncle Sam in the USA says I can make 100 gallon pre person per household up to 200 gallons. I would never cross a legal line such as this and post it on a forum. Some states vary on this amount.

I'm right there with you although I'm still legal as of this year anyway, Ive dumped 4-10 gallon batches this year bringing me down to below what I can make, I can squeeze one more in and still be safe but I wouldn't tell even if I wasn't lol

I made this thread tongue in cheek. It wasn't meant to be taken seriously.

Reactions: GPA
I'm not even sure if we have a legal limit to how much beer one is allowed to brew per,person per year. But regardless my 7 brews so far and possibly one more before new year won't harm none

C'mon mate this is Australia !
you remember the outcry when they limited how much beer you could take into Bathurst to 1 slab per man per day ?
That's 9 litres ( 2.4 US Gal ) of full strength beer ( per man per day ), no limit on how much you could buy inside

who is they? and "they" can limit what I do in my own house? Wait, I'm sorry, who is they? no one knocks.

I am looking at a bit less than 300 liters this year, less than each of the past 2 years. Probably has something to do with moving apartments round about the time when I normally ramp up production for the winter.
Still going to be paying the couple of Euros tax on whatever is over the 200l/yr limit here. Kinda seems like a joke, but for the 1 email and and ~5€/100l, what the hell...

Slow year, I only brewed 105 gallons. That's not counting the wife's wine production....

What's the rules on wine?

I do have to interpret "I'm going to wine" by context....

Back