Booze and pot

LizEl

Trial Member
Reaction score
Hi there,

Anyone here tried mixing marijuana with beer? I hadn't tried, but like to experience it. I read about cross fading in an article https://www.ontariobusinesscentral.ca/blog/problem-with-mixing-booze-and-pot/ heard that it has a negative impact on the brain. I wonder what feel might I get after having this. I really want to try this. Before trying, I would like to know your suggestions about this.

Hops and marijuana are related. When I started brewing 20 years ago, I had a friend who was growing pot in his attic. He broke a stalk for me, and I was amazed at how much it smelled like hops. And today, my neighbor thinks I smoke pot. I can't convince her that she's smelling my homebrew on brewday. There's got to be information available on the web. I'd assume hops and pot are interchangeable, but I've never looked it up.

all I can remember and its been 30 years, pretty much all pot has the same flavor so your only going to get one flavor of beer on that note and remember your boiling it so Im not sure if THC survives or not boiling for an hour

A couple websites I was just looking at say to dryhop with the pot. That would eliminate that concern. A couple recipes I saw also had hops in them.

I don't mean to sound like an ass when I say this, but since marijuana is still illegal in many jurisdictions it's probably not an appropriate topic for this forum. For some reason, some people get a little touchy about that sort of thing.

it's possible, make a tincture and add it to bottling. Also be aware, edibles are vastly different than smoking it. As in edibles are typically more potent.

I also found that it was not cost effective to spend that much on product compared to brew ingredients to get the effect. There's more to be said about this, dunno if this is an appropriate place.

edit: to get the THC effective, they need a binder. hence the tincture. If you're just looking to get cross faded, get drunk, and then smoke weed. Don't waste money on the marijuana needed to infuse a beer.

Whistles , turns and leaves ....I'm in one of those states where's its still a criminal offence

Plus homebrewing is popular in Australia, which from my understanding is not as pot-friendly as the US is now. I'd hate to see the site banned in Australia for legal reasons.

Also, not to be accusatory here but I should point out that OP has 2 posts total and one of them is inquiring about homebrewing with marijuana. That's a red flag.

Also the equipment i operate for a living would amputate any bits i was too spaced to leave in front of it , if you want weed in your life then stay the hell out of my workshop !
Already sacked 2 in last few years for drugs / booze at work and wouldn't blink before doing it again .

I have brewed with it for friends who have less dangerous jobs , i simply outgrew that stuff before i turned 30 ....

It definitely is interesting but as we know marijuana is a related to hops.
But yea I can buy 100g of cascade for $7.50 I'm not sure what 100g of marijuana would cost these days round here $100bucks? Yep I'm going hops I know there is a predictable outcome where I'm not making a be line to maccas after consuming a few beverages lol

My advice is to do them separately depending on the mood.

I don't mean to sound like an ass when I say this, but since marijuana is still illegal in many jurisdictions it's probably not an appropriate topic for this forum. For some reason, some people get a little touchy about that sort of thing.
It's legal here, and five more states just legalized it. I don't use pot and won't be experimenting with it in my brews but it's an inevitability here. Denver has even legalized pot clubs so I wouldn't be too surprised to see a "Mary Jane Ale" pop up some time soon.

It's legal here, and five more states just legalized it. I don't use pot and won't be experimenting with it in my brews but it's an inevitability here. Denver has even legalized pot clubs so I wouldn't be too surprised to see a "Mary Jane Ale" pop up some time soon.
I had one at the Great American Beer Festival a few months ago, not sure of the brewery or beer name though. Had to be a Colorado native. Nothing too special about it in my opinion, more of a gimmick factor.

Also, does this mean we'll be seeing an MPA in the style guidelines before too long?

all I can remember and its been 30 years, pretty much all pot has the same flavor so your only going to get one flavor of beer on that note and remember your boiling it so Im not sure if THC survives or not boiling for an hour

There are certainly many different varieties with quite different looks, smells and effects. I suspect the flavors they add to beer would be very different, too.

my one and only attempt brewing with it was for a big bad stout , the friends that i brewed it for loved it but it was very much a bed time beer , sure as hell not something you would drive after or frankly do anything at all !

for that brew i washed the weed under tepid water to strip chlorophyll and steeped it in wort in a coffee plunger before adding to FV

Back