Bung keg lid!

GFHomebrew

Premium Member
Established Member
Reaction score
Take a look at this keg lid fellas! What do you see? Mmmm your looking at my culprit of drained co2 itis. Yep this (can't swear but want to) bloody lid caused me a horrible shock that no humble hArd working home brewer needs to have after a long stressful days at work- NO BEER ON TAP! Yep I took my cup out to my favourite current brew to parch my thirst pulled on the tap handle and NOTHING just a little dribble of Amber into the bottom of the cup! WHAT! Check regulator needle 0! Check gas bottle is on yep. check inside kegerator lift bleeder valve Nothing no hiss no nothing.What I'm OUTTA Gass:eek: NO BEER:confused:. Now to today I got me bottle filled first time 6.4 lt bottle $74 WHAT no body told me that wow I should save my fart and bottle it I can make some money:D. Anyhow hooked up gas to my lines and got the sanitizer bottle out and sprayed the heck,outta all my fittings checking for,bubbles which will alert me to this loss of gas NOTHING. So I gasses all me kegs (3) and checked the seals yep I herd this faint hiss that co2 bottle draining hiss! Yep a tiny bit of gas was escaping from my release valve Why that's not right I thought - now look down and check,out the underside of this valve see them sneeky nicks in the side walls I'm reconning that's me problem? Either that or because I haven't had enough beero_O but I'm sure I'm up for a new lid! What's your expert opinion?

I tried another valve in it and same thing bubbles around edges.

Sorry about the essay length post:). Looks like I'm up for a new lid aye fellas?

image.jpeg

Last edited:

Back