Gotta brew!

jeffpn

Lifetime Member
Reaction score
The problem with a forum devoted to beer is you tend to get a lot of drunken posts. Here's mine.
My keezer is designed to hold 6 kegs on tap, and 2 in reserve, conditioning. I am about ready to blow 2 kegs, and I only have 1 in reserve. I have a carboy I can keg, but the next beer to be close to ready is a week out. I gotta brew tomorrow to keep my pipeline limping along! The two kegs I'm about to blow are two of my favorites, so I think the decision is made as to what I'm brewing tomorrow. My wife's next beer that I promised to brew will have to wait! She's a fan of the Blue Moon Gingerbread Spiced Ale.

And what shall you be brewing instead Jeffpn
The problem with a forum devoted to beer is you tend to get a lot of drunken posts. Here's mine.
My keezer is designed to hold 6 kegs on tap, and 2 in reserve, conditioning. I am about ready to blow 2 kegs, and I only have 1 in reserve. I have a carboy I can keg, but the next beer to be close to ready is a week out. I gotta brew tomorrow to keep my pipeline limping along! The two kegs I'm about to blow are two of my favorites, so I think the decision is made as to what I'm brewing tomorrow. My wife's next beer that I promised to brew will have to wait! She's a fan of the Blue Moon Gingerbread Spiced Ale.

And what shall you be brewing instead Jeffpn

That would be my own amber ale, tweaked with roasted malt this time. The beer I'll be kegging has only roasted malt (other than 2 row) in it.

i really should be brewing today to keep stocks up , Oktoberfest and my birthday are next weekend so doubt that will take care of a lot of my stocks ....catch is that i'm out of malt !

And one keg blown.

i really should be brewing today to keep stocks up , Oktoberfest and my birthday are next weekend so doubt that will take care of a lot of my stocks ....catch is that i'm out of malt !
That'll do it every time Mark that's why I bought that bulk grain I can brew whenever

And one keg blown.
I used to hate the waiting game on kegs , just seem to be tasting great then they blow !!
I have 7 of the tap a draft mini kegs to supplement my bottles and I can do an accurate stock take in minutes !
All my bottles are in milk crates for easy handling /storage .
Added bonus to using a full size fridge for fermentation is the freezer stays at serving temps with fridge at ale temps

Another one bites the dust.

Now I only have 5 kegs on tap. Hopefully I can speed carb one I'll keg tomorrow, and have it ready by Tuesday!!

We row the same boat @jeffpn .kegerator only holds 2 and O-fest and the apa due to blow any day now...got my sack of golden promise yesterday ($1.03/lb :) but we're headed to Chicago next weekend to watch the game so brewday tabled for now :(

Back