Brew Sessions and Snapshots

BenMyton

Premium Member
Reaction score
Hey BF,

"Snapshot" brews are not showing up on the overview recipes page under "My Brews". It gives a link to any direct brews, and the Snapshot brews will show at the bottom of the recipe if you open it up, but they aren't there on the overview.

Thanks,

-B

click on the profile gear box then view profile, is your snapshots at the bottom?

They show on my list of Brew Logs, yes.

The only place I seem to be missing them is on the table of recipes. In the screenshot, I have a snapshot of the AG Two Hearted, but it doesn't display as "My Brews" or increase the total count of "Total Brews"

Attachments

• Recipes Overview.JPG
    Recipes Overview.JPG
    27.2 KB · Views: 1,112
thats because its a brew not a recipe, it will show up in your brews, a snap shot is just a snapshot of a recipe that can be changed several times and brewed

I feel like we're circling back to the reason I posted :)

A snapshot brew session is tracked in all the brewing places, and is associated with the original (non-snapshot) recipe when you open the recipe. There seems to be only one place that snapshots aren't displayed, the overview table of recipes. They don't show as separate recipe line, and they don't show as a brewed entry for the primary recipe.

as posted it the faqs

What is a snapshot recipe?
A snapshot recipe is a special copy of a recipe "tied just to the brew session it goes with".

look in your brew sessions, it will say snap shop next to the brew. it will count as being brewed of the original recipe and noticed by how many times the original recipe has been brewed

This is very handy if you take a slight detour on brew day, or make a substitution from the original recipe, but you don't want to bother with making a full copy of the original.

All of this is true OMB, and I promise I'm not confused about how the snapshot feature works.

What I'm asking is that the snapshot brews be included as links and numbers on my recipes page so that I can tell at a glance if and when I have brewed the recipe (regardless of whether I brewed a snapshot or a standard version).

This is the only place I can find that the snapshot functionality is not well linked between the two types of brew sessions.

Attachments

• Recipes Overview.JPG
    Recipes Overview.JPG
    28.6 KB · Views: 1,114
good point, and not a bad idea, they just made several changes to that page and not sure what will fit and wont, so you should make a request on the request page

There's a checkbox to display snapshot brews at the top of the recipes page next to title. If you check that and update it will show snapshot recipes and brew dates.

I guess I am now in a similar boat. I have an original Rauchbier recipe and then, subsequently, created a snapshot of that recipe (seen in the screenshot).

What I was hoping to see was the original rauchbier showing two brew sessions. Instead, however, they show as separate brews.

Is it my lack of understanding of the snapshots or is it possible to show things how I want and I'm just missing something.

Love the software. Thanks in advance!!

Attachments

• rauch.jpg
    rauch.jpg
    10.9 KB · Views: 1,062
As far as I know that's how they're displayed. I don't know of any way to combine the two. I believe BF treats the original recipe and snapshot as two separate recipes in this view.

According to OMB's reply: "What is a snapshot recipe?
A snapshot recipe is a special copy of a recipe "tied just to the brew session it goes with".

look in your brew sessions, it will say snap shop next to the brew. it will count as being brewed of the original recipe and noticed by how many times the original recipe has been brewed

This is very handy if you take a slight detour on brew day, or make a substitution from the original recipe, but you don't want to bother with making a full copy of the original."

The only place I see the snapshots showng as part of the original brew is if I open the original recipe. There I can see how many brew sessions this recipe had, snapshot or not. I was hoping to see the total number of brews (snapshots or not) on the Recipe List, in the screenshot I initially included.

I know this is an old post but I am curious as well. As part of the quote below the brewed count is supposed to hang off of the original recipe but I noticed that it doesn't. I can see each snapshot as a different brew however if I uncheck the snapshot checkbox not to show snapshots the original recipe doesn't show a brew count. Is there a reason for this since they are associated with the original recipe?

Thanks

According to OMB's reply: "What is a snapshot recipe?

This is very handy if you take a slight detour on brew day, or make a substitution from the original recipe, but you don't want to bother with making a full copy of the original."

The only place I see the snapshots showng as part of the original brew is if I open the original recipe. There I can see how many brew sessions this recipe had, snapshot or not. I was hoping to see the total number of brews (snapshots or not) on the Recipe List, in the screenshot I initially included.

I can see the snapshots when they're checked, but noticed they dont' count as "number of brewed" for the original recipe. I went back and deleted the snapshots for that reason... i'd like to know how many times i've brewed a recipe regardless of how many modifications are made.

It would be nice if you could track the number of times a snapshot was brewed, but also make that count toward the primary/original recipe count.

I would also expect the total brew count to update whenever a snapshot version of that recipe is brewed. I think the fact that it doesn't is why so few recipes on BF seem to show a brew count above zero at all.

I wondered if it was because it would be considered misleading, as it might not be a brew of that exact recipe, but then a recipe can always be modified after brewing anyway. Plus, I'm not sure many people would mind too much anyway.

It could also potentially show "Brews" and "Snapshot Brews" separately, or have a single "Brews" column, but then show something like "1 (5)" which when you moused over would have a tool-tip saying "1 Brew, 5 Snapshot Brews", or similar.

(Kind of related, it would also be interesting to know how many times a recipe had been copied, and how many times those copies had been brewed, and snapshots of them, and so on)

Back