What are you doing with homebrew today?

I forgot how fast S-04 works.
Pitched early afternoon Thursday, and the krausen has dropped out already, although there is still activity.
Bumped the temp up from 18C to 19C this afternoon, will leave it be at least until the end of the week before taking a gravity sample.

image.jpg
Hot break on Red Wheat for Winter!

I worked on this for 4 days in my spare time, I wrote the Arduino script 5 or 6 years ago and all apps updated so much it was unusable, good thing the internet has all the answers I needed lol, back in business

https://snapshots.raintank.io/dashboard/snapshot/6aQ6ZUPRhjjE6rU2lJ4JfTay8HB30az1

to give you an idea how this works, I have a esp32, I forked someone's code to send udp signals from temp probes connected to the esp32 to a influxdb databases then Grafana reads the data and gives a graphical interface, both are installed on a local ubuntu server

Last edited:
Spent some time improving my hoses.
Added garden hose quick connects to steam condenser supply hose as well as CFC in and out lines, changed lengths to better suit.
Made a new hose to connect to faucet with a garden spray nozzle for easier cleaning.
Checked gravity on the ESB and bumped it up to 20C, it seems to be done, will likely set it to cold crash in the next day or tow.

Racked my vanilla porter to the keg yesterday. Will ramp down the psi this afternoon from ~20 to 10. Tempted to get a taste but will wait a day or so. After cleaning the tap lines i neglected to fully tighten the duo tight fitting to the keg connection and when i connected it to the keg (at ~ 20 psi) beer sprayed all inside the kegerator. Oops!!

As a christmas present, I got myself a brewzilla during the black friday sale. Over xmas and NYE weekends I broked down all my kegs, pressure tested them all, setup my keezer and cable managed all the tubing lines. Then brewed a simple english bitter in the brewzilla that is fermenting and being spunded, capturing the c02 into the 5 empty kegs I have now which I'll use to serving using a couple in line regulators that are set to 12 psi.

Wife still hates the smell of brewing lol, she wants me to get a steam condensor but I don't think that will help with the smell during mashing at all. In the spring we'll be doing a covered/plexi enclosed patio addition so I'll be moving to brew out there once completed anyways...

I bought a 7/8 box end wrench and disassembled my Corny keg. Even though the keg is used, it has new o-rings and gaskets, and is shiny and clean inside.
In the meantime, I am monitoring the fermentation of Red Wheat for Winter, which has been chugging along, bubbling the airlock for the past few days. This brew will be the first of mine to go in the keg.
My recently bottled Smooth Stout is coming along, if the PET bottle that I filled is any indication. I might give this a try on the upcoming weekend.

I bought a 7/8 box end wrench and disassembled my Corny keg. Even though the keg is used, it has new o-rings and gaskets, and is shiny and clean inside.
In the meantime, I am monitoring the fermentation of Red Wheat for Winter, which has been chugging along, bubbling the airlock for the past few days. This brew will be the first of mine to go in the keg.
My recently bottled Smooth Stout is coming along, if the PET bottle that I filled is any indication. I might give this a try on the upcoming weekend.
When reassembling, it does not hurt to lightly lubricate the o rings. I use vaseline, others use 'keg lube' which I suspect is vaseline. Not necessary, but helps sealing, extends their life, and prevents pinching.

Don't tighten too tight, it is not necessary. You can feel when it starts getting harder to turn, that's enough.

PM me if you need some spare gaskets. I got a ton.

Back