What's your next brew

"Use the Schwartz"...

Tomorrow I'm brewing a basic pale ale with my next door neighbor. He used to brew, knows that I do, and asked if I'd help him brew something for a gathering he is hosting in a month. He has long since sold his plastic pails and empty bottles, so I offered to brew, ferment & keg it for him.

Doesn't hurt to be nice to the neighbors.
Fixed

"Use the Schwartz"...

Tomorrow I'm brewing a basic pale ale with my next door neighbor. He used to brew, knows that I do, and asked if I'd help him brew something for a gathering he is hosting in a month. He has long since sold his plastic pails and empty bottles, so I offered to brew, ferment & keg it for him.

I learned a long time ago that if you want good neighbors, you gotta be a good neighbor. Onya for bein’ a goodun.

"Use the Schwartz"...

Good onya Donoroto you might even get some beer out of it:).

"Use the Schwartz"...

And for God's sake, change the code on the luggage LOL

My next planned brew is a first attempt at a Belgian Dubbel within the next week or so. Just got the (not) ruby ale finishing. They will both be for Christmas/New Year.
I want to hear about the Dubbel at some point, especially how long you have to sit on it before it is good. I'm probably going to try one after the holidays.

I want to hear about the Dubbel at some point, especially how long you have to sit on it before it is good. I'm probably going to try one after the holidays.
Funny you should ask because I usually bottle/keg up as soon as SG has been constant within recommended range across 48 hours. But something tells me I should let Dubbel stand a bit extra in the fermenting bin. Llterally just a gut feeling I have picked up from descriptions not technical knowhow - but there is plenty of that here for you in the meantime. When I started delaying racking wines it greatly improved the body in particular. Beer has a much shorter life expectancy though so I will take that into consideration. This brew is going to be later than originally planned and I usually give kegs 3-4 months at least before opening but I shall definately be opening some bottles of the Dubbel over the holiday and will be sure to post the results.

Funny you should ask because I usually bottle/keg up as soon as SG has been constant within recommended range across 48 hours. But something tells me I should let Dubbel stand a bit extra in the fermenting bin. Llterally just a gut feeling I have picked up from descriptions not technical knowhow - but there is plenty of that here for you in the meantime. When I started delaying racking wines it greatly improved the body in particular. Beer has a much shorter life expectancy though so I will take that into consideration. This brew is going to be later than originally planned and I usually give kegs 3-4 months at least before opening but I shall definately be opening some bottles of the Dubbel over the holiday and will be sure to post the results.
Some of the videos and things I read indicate that may need to sit for a little while. It makes sense.
A Saison is the same way. If you let it sit for another 2-4 weeks after it is ready, it starts to get quite tasty.

After three delays I’ve finally got this Kentucky Common in the chamber for brewing tonight

Attachments

• IMG_2762.jpeg
    IMG_2762.jpeg
    230.8 KB · Views: 21
Last edited:
I collected 7 oz of fresh Cascade (we think...) so I'm trying my first fresh hop beer. Maris Otter and rye for the grain bill, 25 IBUs of CTZ at the top of the boil and then all the cones in at 5 minutes. Short hop stand and then pitch with Chico. Hope it's tasty!

I collected 7 oz of fresh Cascade (we think...) so I'm trying my first fresh hop beer. Maris Otter and rye for the grain bill, 25 IBUs of CTZ at the top of the boil and then all the cones in at 5 minutes. Short hop stand and then pitch with Chico. Hope it's tasty!
Welcome back (if you were gone).

That sounds like a tasty brew. What's your final target for IBU?

Back