Bent nail 2.0 - Fermentation edition

Seems to be working.

Room temp : 67F
Chamber temp: 51F

This is while the fermenter is at 38F. Lowest i have ever gotten it. Previously about 44-45 F was it

Phase 2

Beginning to build the box for fermenter #2. It's a sub-box for the main box. It's will just have power distribution for the second fermenter and a 16 channel DIO module.

20230204_170525.jpg

Last edited:
Little more progress. Still waiting for the 16 ch DIO module. Getting stuff from AUS is a pain sometimes.
Maybe i should get @Trialben to be my broker lol
View attachment 24170
Uh uh sorry dude your way outta my depth there with all that fancy gizmo's.

I'm pretty basic with what I know electronically but after all these years my dad still isn't right about it that I'd get killed mucking around with it:D.

I'm gonna go touch some wood :rolleyes:.

Who you buying through in Aus man shippings gunna kill you.
Anytime I've gone US products it's not the price that drove me away it was a crazy shipping costs.

That's why China's doing a roaring trade they'll ship it for free if your willing to wait a couple of months and forget you even ordered something:p!

Uh uh sorry dude your way outta my depth there with all that fancy gizmo's.

I'm pretty basic with what I know electronically but after all these years my dad still isn't right about it that I'd get killed mucking around with it:D.

I'm gonna go touch some wood :rolleyes:.

Who you buying through in Aus man shippings gunna kill you.
Anytime I've gone US products it's not the price that drove me away it was a crazy shipping costs.

That's why China's doing a roaring trade they'll ship it for free if your willing to wait a couple of months and forget you even ordered something:p!
It's s company called "splatt controls". They make the controller i am using, are located in AUS, Victoria. They have good support and programming language is easy to learn. The basic full function controller is only like $300. But shipping is a pain, lol

Ya, it about $30 for basic shipping, lol. 5 day is about $80. But i am in for penny as they say, lol

It's s company called "splatt controls". They make the controller i am using, are located in AUS, Victoria. They have good support and programming language is easy to learn. The basic full function controller is only like $300. But shipping is a pain, lol

Ya, it about $30 for basic shipping, lol. 5 day is about $80. But i am in for penny as they say, lol
That's more like @Mark Farrall neck of the woods.
He's a Victorian I believe.

Yep, a Victorian. About 45 minutes away from them according to the Googles. They're not far from one of the trendier breweries in Aus, Mr Banks.

A little more progress on phase 2. Took longer than i hoped, but my device did come from AUS.

Got the wiring mostly done, just have to install it into the existing hardware.
20230303_133617.jpg
20230303_133621.jpg

Replaced the inverter circuit with some old school cmos chips
20230303_162536.jpg

20230303_162607.jpg
20230303_162612.jpg

Finished this up, finally. Got the new SW finished to operate the new board.

Also added a subroutine that takes Room temp and automatically helps the PID by disabling heat or cool.

20230317_133044.jpg
20230317_133054.jpg
20230317_133102.jpg

And this makes beer? Haha!
Way too complicated for me.

Wowie!
Holly crap there is a lot of time spent there on that thing.

You sure your not building a spaceship :p!
USS Bent nail, has a nice ring to it, lol

And this makes beer? Haha!
Way too complicated for me.

Well, it ferments it. :p

Ya it's totally unnecessary, but it's fun to build, at least to me it is:D

Back