Inventory Recipe Suggestions from my private recipes

Joao_Silveira

Premium Member
Reaction score
Hi,

how can I search for a recipe suggestion only between my recipes (private)?

I have a lot of malt, hops and yeast in my inventory and I created 10 recipes. Is there any way to know which of my recipes I can brew with my inventory?

Thanks,
Joao

Hi,

how can I search for a recipe suggestion only between my recipes (private)?

I have a lot of malt, hops and yeast in my inventory and I created 10 recipes. Is there any way to know which of my recipes I can brew with my inventory?

Thanks,
Joao

I used the beer search with my name in the keyword, and I got my one recipe with Munich Malt:
upload_2023-2-24_15-11-31.png

You may find more results using the search in your own recipe list:
upload_2023-2-24_15-12-26.png

Apparently, I like centennial more than most other hops if you go by my list!
upload_2023-2-24_15-13-36.png

Try those, and see what works best for you!

I used the beer search with my name in the keyword, and I got my one recipe with Munich Malt:

Hi,

Thanks for the answer, but it is not exactly what I mean. I would like to have an Inventory Recipe Suggestion, based in what I have in stock. When I run it, it brings all the online database, and I could not find my beers, public or private.

How can I search the Inventory Recipe Suggestion for my recipes?

upload_2023-2-27_10-26-25.png

Result: my beers are not here

upload_2023-2-27_10-27-2.png

If I try to filter with my name or my beer's name, there is no result

upload_2023-2-27_10-27-55.png

upload_2023-2-27_10-28-29.png

I have public beers, that are not found:

upload_2023-2-27_10-29-6.png

upload_2023-2-27_10-29-39.png

But are not found when I click the "Inventory Recipe Suggestion" button. Why?

Thanks,
Joao

Attachments

• upload_2023-2-27_10-29-33.png
    upload_2023-2-27_10-29-33.png
    29.4 KB · Views: 41
Last edited:
Hi,

Thanks for the answer, but it is not exactly what I mean. I would like to have an Inventory Recipe Suggestion, based in what I have in stock. When I run it, it brings all the online database, and I could not find my beers, public or private.

How can I search the Inventory Recipe Suggestion for my recipes?

View attachment 24406

Result: my beers are not here

View attachment 24407

If I try to filter with my name or my beer's name, there is no result

View attachment 24408

View attachment 24409

I have public beers, that are not found:

View attachment 24410

View attachment 24412

But are not found when I click the "Inventory Recipe Suggestion" button. Why?

Thanks,
Joao

Because the 'recipe suggestion' button suggests other recipes (not yours) using the ingredients you have. When you search in your own recipes with the ingredients you have on hand, you get your recipes. (See screenshots I posted above).

The recipe suggestion is there in case you have ingredients and are looking for new beers to brew, so you get others' recipes. When you want to brew from your own recipes, you use the search box in the recipe area.

I hope that helps!

Because the 'recipe suggestion' button suggests other recipes (not yours) using the ingredients you have. When you search in your own recipes with the ingredients you have on hand, you get your recipes. (See screenshots I posted above).

Thanks for the answer!

But then I get a suggestion based on only one ingredient, the one I specified. What about the other grains, hops and yeast for the recipe I found? How do I know if I have them in stock and can brew the suggested beer? If I had to manually search for all the ingredients, then I wouldn't need to search with the "Inventory Recipe Suggestion".

The recipe suggestion is there in case you have ingredients and are looking for new beers to brew, so you get others' recipes. When you want to brew from your own recipes, you use the search box in the recipe area.

I hope that helps!

I have 62 beer recipes, about 23 different grains, 30 different hops and 12 different yeasts in my inventory. Every time I want to brew one of my beers, I have to manually check my entire inventory (grains x hops x yeast) to find the right one. I would like to have an automatic suggestion of which beer I can brew with the inventory I have. Why is this not possible? Is it only me who has this problem?

I hope I can make my dream come true .

Thanks again

Thanks for the answer!

But then I get a suggestion based on only one ingredient, the one I specified. What about the other grains, hops and yeast for the recipe I found? How do I know if I have them in stock and can brew the suggested beer? If I had to manually search for all the ingredients, then I wouldn't need to search with the "Inventory Recipe Suggestion".

I have 62 beer recipes, about 23 different grains, 30 different hops and 12 different yeasts in my inventory. Every time I want to brew one of my beers, I have to manually check my entire inventory (grains x hops x yeast) to find the right one. I would like to have an automatic suggestion of which beer I can brew with the inventory I have. Why is this not possible? Is it only me who has this problem?

I hope I can make my dream come true .

Thanks again

You can do that in the first search, just put your user name in the search box. Like I did in the above screenshot.
upload_2023-2-24_15-11-31-png.24360

But it would bring all my recipes, not only the ones I have enough inventory to brew.... And that's what I'm looking for: Which of my recipes can I brew with my inventory?

Back