getting SG values of ~0.5 when Hydrom/ispindel sends data to brew session

roses

Premium Member
Reaction score
Hi All,

I finally got my Hydrom to send data to Brewers Friend, using the /ispindel_sg/ path but it looks like the SG values are not close to accurate (currently at 0.437).

Does anyone know if Brewers Friend converts the received SG values in the process of showing up in the brew session interface?

Before integrating this with the brew session, the SG values as seen through the Hydrom web interface were between 1.005 and 1.008, however since the Hydrom is now in deep sleep mode I can't access the web interface to check them without first removing it from the fermenter.

Hi All,

I finally got my Hydrom to send data to Brewers Friend, using the /ispindel_sg/ path but it looks like the SG values are not close to accurate (currently at 0.437).

Does anyone know if Brewers Friend converts the received SG values in the process of showing up in the brew session interface?

Before integrating this with the brew session, the SG values as seen through the Hydrom web interface were between 1.005 and 1.008, however since the Hydrom is now in deep sleep mode I can't access the web interface to check them without first removing it from the fermenter.
Maybe try setting up a Google sheets. Just to verify that the info coming out of it is correct. It's own website might be massaging the info in real time

It seems like the chart may be showing the gravity in Plato units instead of SG, although it isn't clear to me yet whether the Hydrom or the brew session UI is responsible for that.

It seems like the chart may be showing the gravity in Plato units instead of SG, although it isn't clear to me yet whether the Hydrom or the brew session UI is responsible for that.
Maybe, but 1.008 sg is not 0.47. it's like 2.1

Started a new brew session and fixed this by switching to Plato units on the Hydrom and setting the webhook path to /ispindel/{token} instead of /ispindel_sg/{token} ... I'm not sure whether both were required to resolve the issue or one or the other, but the brew session chart now shows sensible gravity readings in SG units.

Started a new brew session and fixed this by switching to Plato units on the Hydrom and setting the webhook path to /ispindel/{token} instead of /ispindel_sg/{token} ... I'm not sure whether both were required to resolve the issue or one or the other, but the brew session chart now shows sensible gravity readings in SG units.
Maybe it was being double converted?

Hi everyone,

I am looking to purchase a Hydrom for my home brew and was wondering if anyone has set it up without sending the data over the web and instead sending it to a local server at home? If so how did you do it?

From what I can see from the instructions I think it is possible by using a Raspberry PI and Brewblox but just seeing if anyone else has done it. Thanks

Cheers

Back