Sparge Water Acidification

ARVZH

Premium Member
Reaction score
Hi,
i have an issue with the Sparge Water Acidification:

water pH is 8
Capture-d-cran-de-2022-07-07-10-29-01.png

but when i select an acid, sparge pH is shown to be 14, but no acid amount is calculated.
i check, uncheck, trying to fill the fields, no way
Capture-d-cran-de-2022-07-07-10-29-11.png

The images didn't come through. At least not for me.
You should be able to cut-n-paste an image or import using the picture icon
upload_2022-7-7_14-0-18.png
Also, make your recipe public and post a link it

Hi,
i have an issue with the Sparge Water Acidification:

water pH is 8

but when i select an acid, sparge pH is shown to be 14, but no acid amount is calculated.
i check, uncheck, trying to fill the fields, no way
Capture-d-cran-de-2022-07-07-10-29-11.png

You have to enter your target mash pH, here:
upload_2022-7-8_16-22-9.png

Generally, you want it under 6. No need to acidify RO or distilled water though, just water that has alkalinity in it.

no way...
i just edited my source water based on most recent analysis, and i wanted to update my acid additions, as usual.
I do this quite often

here a video capture
https://webmshare.com/play/ZovDA

no way...
i just edited my source water based on most recent analysis, and i wanted to update my acid additions, as usual.
I do this quite often

here a video capture
https://webmshare.com/play/ZovDA

Oh, wow- thanks for the capture. I cannot recreate this- I'll open a ticket right away. What OS are you using, and what browser?

Can you also give me a link to the water calc/recipe too so I can try to recreate it with your water source data?

Yooper did this ever get resolved? I am having exactly the same problem with a Pilsner recipe I just entered. I am adding all my salts in the mash and wanted to acidify the sparge water but it does not suggest an amount. If I enter an amount the pH does not shift. I have tried adding up to 1000ml and the Sparge pH stays at 14.0.
Sparge acid addition problem.jpg

@BarbarianBrewer thanks for the heads up on this. Didn't know that

@Yooper did this error on the acid calculation ever get resolved? I am having exactly the same problem with a Pilsner recipe I just entered. I am adding all my salts in the mash and wanted to acidify the sparge water but it does not suggest an amount. If I enter an amount the pH does not shift. I have tried adding up to 1000ml and the Sparge pH stays at 14.0.
sparge-acid-addition-problem-jpg.24179

This is what I see on that page:
E17E0514-0087-47E7-97C5-3E6F209EAA8D.jpeg

It seems that you are missing something in your source water entry. Can you send me a link to the recipe where this is happening so I can see what is going on.

@Yooper I am using Firefox browser on an office pc. I also have disabled all add and popup blockers for this site. I just tried it in Chrome and Brave and it does the same thing in both browsers.

Back