What are you doing with homebrew today?

I'm waiting for the mango to thaw so I can transfer my beer to the secondary. Also adding some coconut and vanilla and of course some dry hops.
WechatIMG369.jpeg

One of the 2 small kegs of bitter kicked so I cleaned an sanitized it along with 2 faucets because…why not? Very little dunkel left. Thankfully I have some commercial stuff. Mild won’t be ready until next week.

One of the 2 small kegs of bitter kicked so I cleaned an sanitized it along with 2 faucets because…why not? Very little dunkel left. Thankfully I have some commercial stuff. Mild won’t be ready until next week.
Sounds like a 5 gal batch is in order maybe someday...

I'm just pondering homebrew stuff.
Got 2 fermenters in the cooler box (non working chest freezer). Think I can fit 3.
Speidel has saison-cider almost ready for bottling
Milk can (not Bulin's) has saison-beer
El cheapo bucket is empty.

So:
Speidel: bottle, clean, use for Herm's wheat
Milk Can: re-use trub for more saison
El Cheapo: use for cider

Something doesn't fit. Maybe trub from Speidel needs to go to El Cheapo

Pondering isn't over yet. It needs a brew, but it is only 10 in the morning

Trying to source some more base malt...does anyone know of an online retailer that will double mill grains? Homebrew Supply used to, but they sold the site to MoreBeer, which doesn't.

I believe Keystone Homebrew Supply will, but you have to either leave a comment at checkout or call them and ask. They are really good at customer service and ship in a timely fashion. I use them anymore instead of MoreBeer.

Trying to source some more base malt...does anyone know of an online retailer that will double mill grains? Homebrew Supply used to, but they sold the site to MoreBeer, which doesn't.
Don’t know of one but you could get a mill and do it yourself. Amazon has some 2-rollers starting at $88

Don’t know of one but you could get a mill and do it yourself. Amazon has some 2-rollers starting at $88
Used to own a grain mill. Had to get rid of it when we moved to a smaller apartment

Back