This morning’s brew session, the train is off the rail…

Bulin's Milker Bucket Brews

Premium Member
Established Member
Reaction score
Started out to brew Shady Bohemian, realized I didn’t have the right grains on hand, changed it up to a summer ale with a cereal mash/decoction. Realized after dough in that I didn’t have the right pot to do the grits…used a Nesco(took over an hour to get them gelatinized. Changed the recipe midway through and adjusted hops/spice.
8FCC0159-6484-40A6-9958-976C43A4211C.jpeg
03090F68-5DB8-4D26-8C57-F2477E496C94.jpeg

Well it’s boiling now…

https://www.brewersfriend.com/homebrew/recipe/view/1262118/love-potion-no-9

Last edited:
So I get it cooled and sampled/pitched. First I realize my gravity is off a bit(my fault, I had the efficiency wrong in the recipe, fixed that). Then, just as I go to start cleaning up I look at the frementer and....drip, drip, drip...

Sanitized the backup fermenter and transfered the beer over. Think I'm going to get a cup of coffee before I clean up.

Had those days too, lol. Sometimes you just have to make scrambled eggs

Ah... "Proper"! Yeah, I guess just because you had a plan doesn't guarantee that it was a good one!
Yup, can’t just take for granted that you have all the ingredients on hand, or the fermenter assembled correctly so it doesn’t leak without checking first.

I’ll give it another go on the Shady next weekend. Ordered a pound of 60l crystal this morning.

So I get it cooled and sampled/pitched. First I realize my gravity is off a bit(my fault, I had the efficiency wrong in the recipe, fixed that). Then, just as I go to start cleaning up I look at the frementer and....drip, drip, drip...

Sanitized the backup fermenter and transfered the beer over. Think I'm going to get a cup of coffee before I clean up.
This beer is going to turn out as one of your best.

Lol...gotta hand it to the greatest mistakes....crazy things happened some few thousand years ago when someone left some barley out in the rain!

Back