Another great thing about yeast

Ward Chillington

Trial Member
Established Member
Reaction score
In today's news feed...

https://www.eatthis.com/news-beer-gut-health/

And after clicking on that last link I can see not just how EatThis is bunny trailing you down into their gastronomic rabbit warren for click time but, also how they need to figure out how to do research! Jeez guys....is it good for you or not?

That is their purpose: you expect an answer and tend to not give up until you find one. That way they have your eyes for a longer time.

Longer times mean higher ad rates.

They count on the basic human characteristic of not giving up, and of not remembering what a sucker you were the last time.

Not buying into this new "gut health" trend. Right up there with "toxin purges". Everything is left very vague to allow you to draw conclusions that are not provable

I have a local that stops into the shop to buy a packet of dry brewing yeast about once a week.
He's adding about a 1/2 tsp to his food just about every day for health benefits.
Nice enough guy, a little wacky, but I'll take the sale.
I bet his sheets float at night!

Off topic..sort of. I read before that the guy who owns/runs Sam Adams adds bread yeast to yogurt and eats before drinking to keep from getting drunk? Anything to this? I rarely drink more than a pint or two just curious

Off topic..sort of. I read before that the guy who owns/runs Sam Adams adds bread yeast to yogurt and eats before drinking to keep from getting drunk? Anything to this? I rarely drink more than a pint or two just curious
A pint or two at a time, I'm sure!

That guy is constantly drunk, loves his job lol

I don't there is anything you can do to make yourself less drunk based on the amount you drink. Having a full stomach will definitely slow it down. But then you have less room for beer. :D

Larry how are you guys feeling?

My daughter is feeling better but my wife isn't. Yesterday she tested positive. Her symptoms are like a really bad head/chest cold. My son and I are healthy so far. What sucks is that last Saturday was the annual picnic with my cousins. That's not so bad because I see them a couple times a year. What really sucks though is next weekend my neice, whom I haven't seen in 10 years is coming up for a visit. She will be staying at my sister's place. But if I test positive near the end of this week, I won't be able to see her; except outside and at a distance. She has two of the cutest little girls and she is going to a larger family reunion nearby. So I definitely don't want to be known as Typhoid Larry!

Yeah chewing on brewers yeast is a quick way to end up on the dunny :D!

I'm sure we've all tried that first pint off the keg. You know it's got a bit of yeast in it maybe a truby one.
Man straight up I get supper bloated then we'll...

Yeah chewing on brewers yeast is a quick way to end up on the dunny :D!

I'm sure we've all tried that first pint off the keg. You know it's got a bit of yeast in it maybe a truby one.
Man straight up I get supper bloated then we'll...
This is why I went with floaters! The trub can stay there

My daughter is feeling better but my wife isn't. Yesterday she tested positive. Her symptoms are like a really bad head/chest cold. My son and I are healthy so far. What sucks is that last Saturday was the annual picnic with my cousins. That's not so bad because I see them a couple times a year. What really sucks though is next weekend my neice, whom I haven't seen in 10 years is coming up for a visit. She will be staying at my sister's place. But if I test positive near the end of this week, I won't be able to see her; except outside and at a distance. She has two of the cutest little girls and she is going to a larger family reunion nearby. So I definitely don't want to be known as Typhoid Larry!
I hope she starts to feel better soon Larry, and makes a full recovery. Meantime be sympathetic...

This is why I went with floaters! The trub can stay there
Only one drawback with my system- I push SMB solutions out of kegs with fermentation c02 so my diptubes are right at the bottom to purge. Maybe that's overkill and I could get away with just pushing co2 throught the keg...
Ive actually got what 4 stainless balls for this.

Yup I bet that would cut down the clearing time for sure.

Not buying into this new "gut health" trend. Right up there with "toxin purges". Everything is left very vague to allow you to draw conclusions that are not provable
Have to say I've found it a very interesting avenue of medical research over the last half dozen or so years. Some of the fecal transplant trials show great promise. But buying a pill that can guarantee a positive effect on your gut looks years away.

Have to say I've found it a very interesting avenue of medical research over the last half dozen or so years. Some of the fecal transplant trials show great promise. But buying a pill that can guarantee a positive effect on your gut looks years away.

I read about this a couple of years ago and was amazed and somewhat repulsed but if you are someone suffering long term from something like an imbalanced gut, I could get past the thought of literally eating $hit as a cure. Chronic discomfort of any kind is not easy to deal with and frequently leads to other problems that impact more than just the person suffering like the opioid addiction epidemic in the USA! But for now, I'll stick with a home brew!

Back