Hello from CT

Gunkleneil

Premium Member
Reaction score
I live in small town nowhere CT. I found a homebrew shop a few towns over and the owner has been great. Got started with your basic plastic bucket starter equipment kit and a TrueBrew Red Ale extract beer kit. On day 7 in the fermenter now. Also ordered supplies to try making a mead should be here in a few days. Never tried it and always wanted to so I figured why not. Here's to a new hobby.

Welcome. This is a great place to learn. People here teach me something every day.

A warm welcome to you. Please let us kinw if you have any questions. Nobody knows it all, but all of us know something.

Welcome!
Sounds like you will be tasting your first homebrew soon ;)
Keep us posted!

Welcome to Brewers Friend, and the hobby
Lots of helpful people here to help out with your learning process, don't be shy with your questions

I live in small town nowhere CT. I found a homebrew shop a few towns over and the owner has been great. Got started with your basic plastic bucket starter equipment kit and a TrueBrew Red Ale extract beer kit. On day 7 in the fermenter now. Also ordered supplies to try making a mead should be here in a few days. Never tried it and always wanted to so I figured why not. Here's to a new hobby.
Lots of helpful people here.

Welcome to wonderland, now see how far the rabbit hole goes. :D

So here's a newbie question. I found a couple extract recipes I would like to try. Is there a store that's ready to order from using the shopping list feature from this site?

So here's a newbie question. I found a couple extract recipes I would like to try. Is there a store that's ready to order from using the shopping list feature from this site?

This post mentions a "Buy Now" feature that had to be discontinued due to the supplier going offline. @Yooper or @Pricelessbrewing would know more.

I'm lucky enough to live close to a LHBS store (Northern Brewer) so I seldom order online. In your first post you mention you have a LHBS a few towns over. So, your best bet is to take your shopping list to them. They should have what you are looking for and be able to give you good advice. Plus it always best to buy local today so you have the option to buy local tomorrow. But if you do need to order online, there are many people on this site who can recommend good reliable places to order from.

This post mentions a "Buy Now" feature that had to be discontinued due to the supplier going offline. @Yooper or @Pricelessbrewing would know more.

I'm lucky enough to live close to a LHBS store (Northern Brewer) so I seldom order online. In your first post you mention you have a LHBS a few towns over. So, your best bet is to take your shopping list to them. They should have what you are looking for and be able to give you good advice. Plus it always best to buy local today so you have the option to buy local tomorrow. But if you do need to order online, there are many people on this site who can recommend good reliable places to order from.

Thanks for the reply. I was just hoping for something for those lazy days that I just want to order online and not go out. I do plan to support my LHBS when I can.

Welcome! Many of us started the same way, and got great results.

Welcome to the mash tun! What are you thinking about for your next beer? The mead is gonna be a long time out so maybe a pale or a brown ale is in your future?

More Beer, Adventures in Brewing and Northern Brewer are some good online sites. Need to get enough that you get free shipping.

Welcome to the mash tun! What are you thinking about for your next beer? The mead is gonna be a long time out so maybe a pale or a brown ale is in your future?
I have a hard seltzer kit going for the wife also. Gotta keep her happy. Was thinking of a brown next. Gonna stick with things I normally drink to get it down before I try new things. Though I think the wife might like a pale.

Ritebrew.com is one of my favorites when my LHBS didn't have what I need. They have good prices, good selection and usually ship same day

Back