Gday From Jolls in Oz

Jolls

Premium Member
Reaction score
G'day All

New to the site here and keen to learn. I have done a couple of kits previously, a couple of BIAB brews with my son and through You Brew It when they were about over a number of years, I have decided to stop procrastinating and take a dive into the deep end. I have a 4 tap keezer and a fermenttion fridge up and running - loaded it up with beer from Tumut River Brewing (localis micro Brewery) over Christmas.

I have a Tumut River Brewing Co Hitchikers Guide to the Galaxy at day 7 in the fermentation fridge at the moment as the first brew I am doing. Wife loves cider so I am going to have a crack at that this weekend.

I have collected or made most of the gear to have a crack a all grain brewing with a couple of pots a couple of cooling coils and a lautering esky so I am keen to get cracking. I have ordered Bronzed Brews and want to try some of the early tooths/reschs recipes (I am a member of the Reschs Appreciation Sociatey) and recreate the DA from my youth.

I am located amongst the wineries of Murrumbateman NSW - not a huge wine fan so mislocated. But I live on a few acres and am comming up to retirement so maybe put down some hops and a bit of barley for shits and giigles going forward. Who knows how deep the rabbit hole wil get.

Cheers n Beers
Jolls

G'day from Denver, Co, Jolls. Warning, the rabbit hole is very, very deep...
Hi Nosybear
Building the four tap Keezer, Fermenting Fridge, immersion coils and laughtering tun up front has me committed - I need to make it work now or the sons will give me stick!

Welcome!

Welcome! Good luck on your deep dive. Keep it fun!

You can definitely dive as deep as you wish. Lots to do and learn with this hobby.

NSW is warm enough for hops. Plant them 2-3 years before you might want them. Barley is so inexpensive, not sure that's worth it.

Welcome from Atlanta, usa!

I have collected or made most of the gear to have a crack a all grain brewing with a couple of pots a couple of cooling coils and a lautering esky so I am keen to get cracking

Jump on in Jolls, the sparge water is fine! Welcome!

G'day All

New to the site here and keen to learn. I have done a couple of kits previously, a couple of BIAB brews with my son and through You Brew It when they were about over a number of years, I have decided to stop procrastinating and take a dive into the deep end. I have a 4 tap keezer and a fermenttion fridge up and running - loaded it up with beer from Tumut River Brewing (localis micro Brewery) over Christmas.

I have a Tumut River Brewing Co Hitchikers Guide to the Galaxy at day 7 in the fermentation fridge at the moment as the first brew I am doing. Wife loves cider so I am going to have a crack at that this weekend.

I have collected or made most of the gear to have a crack a all grain brewing with a couple of pots a couple of cooling coils and a lautering esky so I am keen to get cracking. I have ordered Bronzed Brews and want to try some of the early tooths/reschs recipes (I am a member of the Reschs Appreciation Sociatey) and recreate the DA from my youth.

I am located amongst the wineries of Murrumbateman NSW - not a huge wine fan so mislocated. But I live on a few acres and am comming up to retirement so maybe put down some hops and a bit of barley for shits and giigles going forward. Who knows how deep the rabbit hole wil get.

Cheers n Beers
Jolls
G'day from Sunny Queensland Jolls.
You know I was yarning to a work mate recently about honebrewing and he mentioned reschs beer to me saying you've gotta try this beer.
He's a Crow eater From SA spent a bit of time Round Sydney where he said its a mainstay on a few taps down there.
I'd be glad to learn more about this beer from you maybe even an all grain recipe or link to this appreciation site;);).
Anyhow was gunna brew it and serve it up to my work mate see if I can't jag a memory.

Cheers look forward to seeing more from you:).

Welcome from the land of hockey sticks, maple syrup, and Neil Young (AKA Canada)!
I had to Google (Murrumbateman NSW), you will find a number of mates on here that are down under with you!
The rabbit hole may be deep, but there are plenty of us at different depths to help you along the way.
If you are ever in the neighborhood... Cheers!
upload_2022-1-16_11-8-5.png

G'day from Sunny Queensland Jolls.
You know I was yarning to a work mate recently about honebrewing and he mentioned reschs beer to me saying you've gotta try this beer.
He's a Crow eater From SA spent a bit of time Round Sydney where he said its a mainstay on a few taps down there.
I'd be glad to learn more about this beer from you maybe even an all grain recipe or link to this appreciation site;);).
Anyhow was gunna brew it and serve it up to my work mate see if I can't jag a memory.

Cheers look forward to seeing more from you:).

When I find a recipe of two I will send them your way.
Thanks for the welcome!

Welcome from the land of hockey sticks, maple syrup, and Neil Young (AKA Canada)!
I had to Google (Murrumbateman NSW), you will find a number of mates on here that are down under with you!
The rabbit hole may be deep, but there are plenty of us at different depths to help you along the way.
If you are ever in the neighborhood... Cheers!
View attachment 19004

Hi Craigerrr

I am another Craig and know of this country you speak! I was in the Army for some 35 years and spent a couple of years working in Missouri with your Southern neighbour and have spent a bit of time on exchange and working with your Army team in the South East. Keen to get back there sometime when travel is allowed.

Cheers n Beers
Jolls

Hi Craigerrr

I am another Craig and know of this country you speak! I was in the Army for some 35 years and spent a couple of years working in Missouri with your Southern neighbour and have spent a bit of time on exchange and working with your Army team in the South East. Keen to get back there sometime when travel is allowed.

Cheers n Beers
Jolls
Cheers!

Back