iOS Brew Sessions Not Updating in App

scott.priebe

Trial Member
Reaction score
I'm having in issue where changes to my Equipment Profile that change the Water Requirements for my Brew Sessions are not updating in the app.

The profile changes are syncing fine between the web version and app, but Water Requirement changes are not showing up in the app even after Rebuilding the brew in the web console. The time stamp of the Brew Session shows as being updated, but the changes are not being reflected.

Anyone else seeing this?

The developer just pushed a fix on brew sessions, and I asked him about this. I'll keep you posted!

I'm having in issue where changes to my Equipment Profile that change the Water Requirements for my Brew Sessions are not updating in the app.

The profile changes are syncing fine between the web version and app, but Water Requirement changes are not showing up in the app even after Rebuilding the brew in the web console. The time stamp of the Brew Session shows as being updated, but the changes are not being reflected.

Anyone else seeing this?

Is this completely resolved for you?

Is this completely resolved for you?

No, Water Requirements in the app still do not match what is in the web version. I tried rebuilding the brew and updating the brew session in the web as well to try and force an update to the app.

Hey @scott.priebe, can you share any screenshots of the recipes you're looking at?

I have a couple issues being tracked right now regarding the volume calculations, 1 has to do with differences in boil/batch from the expected equipment vs what's actually in the recipe, and 1 has to do with extract recipes not matching web.

Hey @scott.priebe, can you share any screenshots of the recipes you're looking at?

I have a couple issues being tracked right now regarding the volume calculations, 1 has to do with differences in boil/batch from the expected equipment vs what's actually in the recipe, and 1 has to do with extract recipes not matching web.

I'll try and get some screenshots tonight and post them.

Any updates to this? I have iPhone with Brewers Friend version 1.0.6 and created a new session on the web version. I do not have this in my brew sessions on my phone. In the old version, there was an option to sync recipes and sessions. Where did this go?

Last edited:
Any updates to this? I have iPhone with Brewers Friend version 1.0.6 and created a new session on the web version. I do not have this in my brew sessions on my phone. In the old version, there was an option to sync recipes and sessions. Where did this go?

On the app home page there's a button to refresh and force a sync, please let us know if this updates your issue. We continue to investigate the syncing issues to prevent this manual adjustment going forward, and there is a pending update that has been written but the code is being reviewed before release which should occur shortly.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20211106-080721.png
    Screenshot_20211106-080721.png
    87 KB · Views: 75
We really appreciate the followup.
Sorry this has taken so long to respond. Here are some screenshots of a couple of brew sessions that were rebuilt using the web console and yet still show the same water requirements in the app. Also you can see that the folders in Brew Sessions are not syncing correctly between platforms. All of the sessions that I have moved to a different folder using the web are still showing in the app. In fact I noticed today that one session (Marzen) is being moved back to the original folder after being moved using the web. And another session who's status was changed to Conditioning using web would get changed back to Secondary Fermentation when a sync is done.

Something doesn't seem to be working right here.

Thanks for looking at this.
IMG_0063.PNG
IMG_0064.PNG
IMG_0065.PNG
IMG_0066.PNG
IMG_0067.PNG
IMG_0068.PNG

I've stopped using the app, because of the sync issues. The app seems to cache an old version of the brew session data. As soon as I make a refresh in the app, it will overwrite the brew session main data (phase, brew date, batch code) on the website. The app seems to ignore any changes I made to the brew session on the website.
So, I would be very interested to hear about any progress with fixing this issue.

Thanx
Tore

I've stopped using the app, because of the sync issues. The app seems to cache an old version of the brew session data. As soon as I make a refresh in the app, it will overwrite the brew session main data (phase, brew date, batch code) on the website. The app seems to ignore any changes I made to the brew session on the website.
So, I would be very interested to hear about any progress with fixing this issue.

Thanx
Tore
Thanks you Tore, I'm passing this along to the developer. The syncing issues are difficult to investigate as they often seem to be tied to specific users or devices sometimes. Any additional information you can provide would be extremely helpful.

Thanks!

Thanks you Tore, I'm passing this along to the developer. The syncing issues are difficult to investigate as they often seem to be tied to specific users or devices sometimes. Any additional information you can provide would be extremely helpful.

Thanks!
Thanx alot!
So, I'm on iOS and MacOS.
I'll try reinstalling the app to see if that helps.
Will try to get you some more specific info on this one.

Back