Last BIAB (for a while) kitchen sink grain bill.

SabreSteve

Premium Member
Established Member
Reaction score
So as many of you know, my wife and I are expecting twins in December. Due to this I will be taking a (hopefully) short hiatus from brewing and then switching back to extract brewing for several brews after that. During that time we'll be likely moving atleast once, maybe even twice so I figured this would be the prime opportunity to use up my remaining malt. This is what I have:
Screenshot_20210921-171649.jpg

(Love the android app BTW, just downloaded today).
Have no yeast or hops and zero inspiration. As usual I'm up for pretty much anything but an IPA. Just want to use as much as possible. If I have to buy additional fermentables that's fine as long as It's in a quantity I can use up in one brew. Let me know what you all think.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210921-171649.jpg
    Screenshot_20210921-171649.jpg
    89.4 KB · Views: 89
I do a dark lager for winter each year and I don't ferment it lower than that. Once it's finished fermenting you can bottle it and lager in the fridge. Just have to be organised to get it in the fridge much earlier than you normally would. With this it's more sediment in the bottom of bottle than if you'd lagered it in the fermenter or secondary. There will be some extra flavours, but that's the beauty of a dark lager. It hides the subtle flavours that a blonde lager won't.

I see a brown ale. If you do water adjustments, then make the sulfate/chloride ratio "malty" or very malty. Use just an ounce of some hops for 60 minutes, and see if you can get some English ale yeast like wlp005, but even s04 will do.

lager:
You have time for lagering, but not temperature. So fugeddaboutit and go ale.

I see a brown ale. If you do water adjustments, then make the sulfate/chloride ratio "malty" or very malty. Use just an ounce of some hops for 60 minutes, and see if you can get some English ale yeast like wlp005, but even s04 will do.

lager:
You have time for lagering, but not temperature. So fugeddaboutit and go ale.
I'm with Don this looks like a brown and a kitchen sink beer will usually turn out brown:D.

I'd use CTZ or Cascade or go English on it with some Fuggles or EKG ect ect and keep it malty.
Yup I'd drink that oh and mash it high.
Oh and aim for a good OG of 1.060 ish make it a two and done you mightnt have much time to sit back and drink lol!

2 oz EKG and W1098.

Looks like it would make a decent british bitter

Maybe a Belgian, like a Dubbel, since many of the parts line up.

Just pick up some -
Fermentis / Safale - Safbrew - Abbaye Yeast BE-256

Back