What are you doing with homebrew today?

Bottled the Amarillo blonde, hydrometer sample tasted great! 17 bottles filled from a 2 gallon batch
20210902_094432.jpg

Believe it or not, my homebrewing item is to unclog the basement pipes because my basement sink no longer drains and I can't clean my brewing equipment from last weekend :oops:. Anybody want to come over and help? You know I have beer! :D
Basement pipes - somehow unclogging those sounds like a lot of work, and not much fun. However, given that I can be a glutton for punishment, were I in your neighborhood, I’d be happy to work hard for good home brew. But alas, you are there, and I am here, and they are not near.
Good luck!

Basement pipes - somehow unclogging those sounds like a lot of work, and not much fun. However, given that I can be a glutton for punishment, were I in your neighborhood, I’d be happy to work hard for good home brew. But alas, you are there, and I am here, and they are not near.
Good luck!

Glutton for punishment? You'd have to be a masochist to want to work on plumbing. Fortunately, after a couple days of spraying Liquid Wrench (penetrating oil) and a big-ass pipe wrench I inherited, I was able to get the cleanout plug open fairly quickly. The problem, as always, is that I can't get the trap under the sink to stop leaking! :mad:

Glutton for punishment? You'd have to be a masochist to want to work on plumbing. Fortunately, after a couple days of spraying Liquid Wrench (penetrating oil) and a big-ass pipe wrench I inherited, I was able to get the cleanout plug open fairly quickly. The problem, as always, is that I can't get the trap under the sink to stop leaking! :mad:
Love inherited tools. Someone bought that huge wrench to solve a problem, likely similar to yours.

Trick for under-sink drain stuff: If it leaks, disassemble it all, clean & dry it, and reassemble it with a thin coating of silicone sealant at the joint 'gaskets'. Let it cure a day, and it'll be good.

A cool thing has happened for me in my brewing recently. I can only share this with brewers as it would be right over non brewers heads.
So I did a pest control for a local guy recently and spotted all this aquarium gear an RO system in his garage and a refractometer on the shelf. Hmmm I thought might ask him about this :).
Asked him about the refractometer oh I use that to measure the dissolved salt content in my aquarium water.
This dude does coral and tropical reef fish he GEEKS out over his water.
We had a great chat about our local water and said hed get me the alkalinity reading for our water also he said anytime I want RO water just drop a drum by his house hell fill it up for me! COOL EH;).
I told him I'm brewing some lager come summer time I'll trade you some in exchange.
He don't drink no more a recovering alcoholic that's why he took up Aquarium hobby

Anyhow though youse would find that pretty cool so might be doing some lagers soon with RO water I love where homebrewing can take you and the friendships it creates!

After a Kroger run I’m going to taste the “Manchester Gold” and see if it’s ready to transfer to a serving keg. If it is I’ll also be cleaning the fermenting keg. I already cleaned and sanitized a “keg” (it’s a BrewBox which reminds me of a firkin type thing) for the Irish Ale I plan to transfer tomorrow. Nice lazy day at home. The new craft beer and brewing came out so I’ve been reading it picking up little things to try. Not enough enough time, stomach to do it all!

Back