INKBIRD ITC -100V

GFHomebrew

Premium Member
Established Member
Reaction score
Gday all.
Grabbed another PID controller to use in my brewery.
Wired her in yesterday eve along with the PT 100 probe yay all working in good order.

Now I just have some questions about Tuning:).
In the Settings I can't find exactly what the PID inputs are see .
20210722_062027.jpg

Ok that not a good photo but M50 it's got is Integral cool that's helpful.
But P it has as Differential?
Now what is Hysteresis Time
I did a quick bit of research on what this is it seems slightly different to PID control but it used to control to a set value but not as precisely as a PID

Anyhow I'll run the Auto Tune on kettle and see where this gets me.
Knowing me thought I want to know what altering these set points o in correlation to the Set point.

So far having had a little play last night I noticed the Lower the D (differential not Derivative) the slower to set point the higher the quicker.

Anyhow if anyone has any experience with these INKBIRD pids or what the go with Hysteresis time is I'd gladly appreciate it.

Last edited:
Gday all.
Grabbed another PID controller to use in my brewery.
Wired her in yesterday eve along with the PT 100 probe yay all working in good order.

Now I just have some questions about Tuning:).
In the Settings I can't find exactly what the PID inputs are see .View attachment 16724
Ok that not a good photo but M50 it's got is Integral cool that's helpful.
But P it has as Differential?
Now what is Hysteresis Time
I did a quick bit of research on what this is it seems slightly different to PID control but it used to control to a set value but not as precisely as a PID

Anyhow I'll run the Auto Tune on kettle and see where this gets me.
Knowing me thought I want to know what altering these set points o in correlation to the Set point.

So far having had a little play last night I noticed the Lower the D (differential not Derivative) the slower to set point the higher the quicker.

Anyhow if anyone has any experience with these INKBIRD pids or what the go with Hysteresis time is I'd gladly appreciate it.

Hysteresis time is the time between the heater coming on.... the temperature rising.... the ITC recognising the the temperature setting and deciding that the temperature is too high so it switches on the cooler (meanwhile the temperature is still rising - a bit -) so then the cooling comes into effect and the temperature starts to drop... the closer the boundary temperature settings are the quicker the reaction to the required temperature setting is. This hysteresis is a function of the temperature settings and the speed to which the system reacts to heating and cooling. The Cooler needs time to react more than the heater does - due to the PV/T equation and the efficiency of the cooler system so the curve of temperature tends to be more prevalent on the cooler side. Does this make sense? I have been to the pub tonight so it may not lol.

does this have the ability to be an "on/off" mode as well as PID? cause hysteresis is usually associated with a dead zone. you set for 65°F but want a +/-1°F dead zone where the controller does nothing.

Yeah sorta @AHarper mate your on fire lol.
Yeah @Minbari that's what I thought that it was a sepperate function than PID.
Sounds like hysteresis time is sorta like the Derivative function predicting projected temperature change.?

He gives a
P @1
I @ 540
D @ 200

That's a broad setting I'm imagining it's all determined on the mash Tun dimentions ect ECT.

His Hysteresis is set to .1 setting had it at .4
Mine has an Hysteresis setting which has thrown me.
But I'll have a little play this weekend on the kettle at normal mash volume and perform a few temp steps see how the PID responds first with an Auto Tune and of I'm not satisfied I'll play with the Settings untill I'm within the degree C on a set point.

you can change the offset, and hooked to each probe or a different cable will give a different temp reading, "resistance" is always different for each device connected, I always just change the offset and compare to 2 different hand held temp probes

I'm happy to report I did a live run on the kettle and she's holding Set point within .3-5 of a degree C! But this is after bit of faffing with auto tune. I ended up manually setting my numbers I'll report on what I've got once I'm dead set that my numbers are right.

Running smack bang on set point atm only a .2 c swing! I'm feeling more confident about it now i think I'm ready to take on Noseybears multi step mash smoked wheat beer:p.
20210724_143955.jpg

Setting M50 (integral) = 407
P ( DIFFERENTIAL) = 480
T ( Hysteresis time) = 50

Back