Submersible pump

Sounds like Don needs to go full Aussie and do no chill.
Oh yeah get some Skippy into ya :D!

My Imersion Chiller has cobwebs on it now lol
I havnt chilled a boil since I can't remember.
You just need to change things up a little when not chilling wort immediately.
I've been chucking my WP hops into chill down over night and knocking back the boil hops by a smidge.
I tell ya my beers havnt been extra bitter or anything I can't tell the difference and clarity has been exceptional for my beers.

My Imersion Chiller has cobwebs on it now lol
Ben, you know cobwebs come from spiders...and you're a pest control guy! You let spiders onto your property? :rolleyes:

Oh, and Skippy is peanut butter.

I believe I need to try a no chill batch sometime this summer, see if life can get even simpler. I have a SS fermenter and can pressurize it a little to avoid sucking back air thru the airlock. Or?

Ben, you know cobwebs come from spiders...and you're a pest control guy! You let spiders onto your property? :rolleyes:

Oh, and Skippy is peanut butter.

I believe I need to try a no chill batch sometime this summer, see if life can get even simpler. I have a SS fermenter and can pressurize it a little to avoid sucking back air thru the airlock. Or?
Hey i only pest control other people's houses:D.
Ask a pro brewer I bet they don't brew at home....:rolleyes:

Don Google Skippy the Bush kangaroo that was on TV when I was a kid it's all Bluey now

I know Bluey, gimme a minute to see Skippy...

Thread derail my apologies.

If I were and am in the near future to buy a submersible pump I'd buy the kegland Glycol pump for $20 bucks it's got the little suction cups on bottom and hose barbs provided win win me thinks.

Well, thinking about this logically. Your chiller cools wort by thermal transfer, circulating the water back into the ice bath would raise the temp fairly quickly. What if you used a "jocky box" of sorts to chill the groundwater ahead of the chiller and routed the output into a sink for cleanup(at least until the wort got close to groundwater temp).

I hate it when I give myself an idea, I have an older imersion chiller that I don't use anymore(bought a taller one for the digiboil). Think I'll put it into a cooler with some water, ice and rock salt, then hook it up between the sink and the cooler in the DigiBoil when I do my next brew. Bet I can cut my chill time considerably.

I hate it when I give myself an idea, I have an older imersion chiller that I don't use anymore(bought a taller one for the digiboil). Think I'll put it into a cooler with some water, ice and rock salt, then hook it up between the sink and the cooler in the DigiBoil when I do my next brew. Bet I can cut my chill time considerably.
The Homebrew Happy Hour guys use two immersion chillers in series, the first is submerged in a bucket with ice water and then connected to the chiller in the wort. They're in Texas where the groundwater can get up to 90F in the summer, apparently

Yeah I know having the water recycle back in definitely causes it to heat faster, but for my setup at least I'd need 2 55 gallon drums to do otherwise and it would be a hassle.

Back