Invalid Hop...

Reaction score
I am trying to save a recipe and I keep receiving a message that states "Error: Invalid Hop Use Specified". which does not allow me to save or print my recipe. I have been back through my hop additions and do not see any issues.
Any ideas out there?

I am trying to save a recipe and I keep receiving a message that states "Error: Invalid Hop Use Specified". which does not allow me to save or print my recipe. I have been back through my hop additions and do not see any issues.
Any ideas out there?
I get this nearly every recipie you gotta make sure you specify everything boil time weather pellet or leaf even whirlpool time AA's if not imputted it's there somewhere have another look.

Any ideas out there?

Did you get this working for you? As @Trialben said, every box must be filled in, or the software won't "know" what to do with the hops, and you'll get that error.

I get the same error and all fields are completed. What is the fix?

I get the same issue. Can't find a way around it, either.

Just started getting this issue - no problems in the past and all of the boxes are filled in. Has anyone been able to resolve it?

Just started getting this issue - no problems in the past and all of the boxes are filled in. Has anyone been able to resolve it?

Can you send me a screenshot of the hops area? We can't find an issue, and it's always something like a weird comma or apostrophe.

As Yooper has requested, post up a screen shot so she can see what is going on.

I have personally never had this problem, it is software, so if there is something is missing, or if there is a comma instead of a period, it will not accept the input.

I just created a new recipe, only put in the amount and time, no errors

I'm getting the same no matter what I do, any suggestions? (trial member so cant delete / create a new recipe yet)
Screen Shot 2019-08-11 at 09.38.05.png

Same issue with me. No idea what's up. Some sort of form validation or indication of which item is causing the error would be helpful

I have actually had this happen when editing a recipe, no idea what I did, or what caused it. Wasn't even making a change to the hops. I exited the recipe without saving, went back into edit mode, made the changes I wanted, then saved successfully. I thought maybe it was my device, or my browser (phone), but it sounds like others have experienced this as well.

I get this problem regularly and it's very annoying. I put a lot of effort into a recipe and then it takes a dump for random reasons. Fortunately this time the recipe was already successfully saved earlier. I re-loaded the recipe (identical), updated the correct eqpt profile and re-saved and it worked.

I had this and the (my solution) is to make sure I select the correct hop TYPE form my inventory list. If I have Challenger hops in both forms I have to have two entries one for each type of hops. I get the error if I select the wrong one from the drop down list - if it is not EXACTLY the same one as in my inventory. It seems to happen if I load a previously good OLD recipe and I CURRENTLY have a different type of hop - even if the Name is the same ALL other fields must match between original recipe and your inventory.

FWIW I think I figured out the issue - After I used the "Copy Hop" function, it looks like the "Select Use" dropdown auto-filled with the same option (boil in this case) but ONLY in the UI. That is to say, the "Select Use" dropdown did not have a selected value filled in, despite appearing to be such. After clicking "Sort", it showed the copied hop entry as still having no use selected.

TL;DR - Manually select "Boil" (or whatever usage method applies to your hop entries) for each hop choice, then try saving again and it should work.

Back