Random thought for the day

Just came in from cleaning up after my brew day and turned on the TV. The Blue Jay's vs the Oakland A's game is on. They were showing how the wind was blowing in the outfield and there were two massive flags flying. One of course was the Stars and Stripes, the other was the Canadian flag. Very classy, gave me a warm fuzzy. We are in so many ways very different, and yet we are in so many ways very much alike.

Just came in from cleaning up after my brew day and turned on the TV. The Blue Jay's vs the Oakland A's game is on. They were showing how the wind was blowing in the outfield and there were two massive flags flying. One of course was the Stars and Stripes, the other was the Canadian flag. Very classy, gave me a warm fuzzy. We are in so many ways very different, and yet we are in so many ways very much alike.
When I lived in Cincinnati the church my wife and I went to there was a couple where the husband actually grew up in Niagara Falls, Ontario which not counting the international border crossing is only about 45 minutes from where I grew up. Always thought it was kinda funny because this was a guy where he grew up in a whole other country but in a lot of ways my experience growing up was a lot more relatable to his than those Ohioians who grew up in the same country but hundreds of miles away

620089779.jpg

Speaking of baseball - anyone remember (goes back to early 80's) Dave Winfield, then a Yankee, threw a warm up ball in Toronto that hit and killed a seagull. He got taken in on a Cruelty To Animals charge. :) Nothing came of it other than laughter and embarrassment. And ironically, he later played for the Jays.

I vaguely remember that. I wonder if he would have been charged with anything had the Blue Jays won that game? :D

I was listening to Led Zeppelin's Immigrant Song and recalled that they used that song in Thor Ragnarok. I think using an awesome rock song with lyrics like "We come from the land of ice and snow", "The hammer of the gods" and "To fight the horde" during a battle scene in a Thor movie was absolutely perfect!

Speaking of baseball - anyone remember (goes back to early 80's) Dave Winfield, then a Yankee, threw a warm up ball in Toronto that hit and killed a seagull. He got taken in on a Cruelty To Animals charge. :) Nothing came of it other than laughter and embarrassment. And ironically, he later played for the Jays.
I was watching that game on TV, what happened after that was an embarrassment! Dave was beloved when he played here, won a World Series! I was at a regular season game that year. I was on the third base line in the outfield, Winfield hit a line drive home run, I don't think it was ever more than 30 feet off the ground. It went out so fast, it was remarkable! It was a "frozen rope" as they call it!

I was listening to Led Zeppelin's Immigrant Song and recalled that they used that song in Thor Ragnarok. I think using an awesome rock song with lyrics like "We come from the land of ice and snow", "The hammer of the gods" and "To fight the horde" during a battle scene in a Thor movie was absolutely perfect!
Awesome guitar in that one

That movie series has great soundtracks, definitely highlights the fantasy metal aspects of the Thor comics

That bifrost battle sequence is easily one of the top 3 in the entire MCU and the song choice is a huge factor in pulling it together

Inspired by the recent reptile ID thread, I wanted to share this wildlife tidbit with y'all:

If it bites you and something bad happens: it's venomous
If you bite it and something bad happens: it's poisonous
If you bite it and something good happens: it's medicine
If you bite it and nothing happens: it's salad :p

Inspired by the recent reptile ID thread, I wanted to share this wildlife tidbit with y'all:

If it bites you and something bad happens: it's venomous
If you bite it and something bad happens: it's poisonous
If you bite it and something good happens: it's medicine
If you bite it and nothing happens: it's salad :p
What if it bites you and something bad happens to it?

Back