Jarrylo Hops ?

WesBrew

Premium Member
Established Member
Reaction score
I needed some specialty malts and yeast, FarmHouse has a free hops with purchase special going on (you get whatever hop they throw in) . i couldn't resist. I'm now the proud owner of.... one pound of Jarrylo hops :confused:o_O:confused:
I've found some info on them but doesn't sound great. Anyone use them with success? How would you describe them?

Last edited:
I've never heard of them.

They show up in NEIPAs looking for tropical flavor blends. Main character is banana, so maybe a hefeweizen would also be appropriate?

great. i don't like banana in beer, hefeweizen, or belgian beer. maybe i can trade it. LOL last time i got palisade which im not too familiar with either but can work with.

What's the AA? Could you use it as a bittering hop? Then the flavor profile doesn't matter quite as much

Or try for a Pina colada beer with Jarrylo, Sabro, and Galaxy or Vic Secret

its 13.9% so yeah, i guess it has some value as a bittering hop....but banana :eek:

not funny !
Haha it's a popular flavor combo in the NEIPA world. I hate hazy IPAs personally, but had a SMaSH pale ale with just Sabro from a local brewery that was pretty good. Their Citra SMaSH is way better tho :D

Use at 60+ minutes for your bittering addition and bury it with flavor/aroma hops and whirlpool/dry hops

A quick search on the googs gave me a result that among other things sait that it is good as a bittering hop.

I've used them in a NEIPA. I believe they are the old Denali Hops next version.

Hey! Don't diss the banana! :p

Long and yellow, they are God's gift to... er... people who like bananas I suppose...:rolleyes:
Apparently the perfect snack too all the right err vitamins and minerals and carbs and stuff heck mash em even lol!

Back