Boil time

Steelyace

Premium Member
Reaction score
I am trying to enter a high boil time, 330 min actually, and the system won't let me? It will allow the time to go in and allow me to recalculate the water needed but it won't actually save any of that.

Adjusting the boil time.
20210325_192318.jpg

This is.quick water calc on 60min lager...
20210325_192118.jpg

Then 330mins quick water calcs it at 11lt I saved both of these too.
20210325_192101.jpg

It might work in that scenario but I actually want to boil off over 6 gallons(so I don't want to adjust my boil off), and maybe that is what is not allowing me to do it.

It might work in that scenario but I actually want to boil off over 6 gallons(so I don't want to adjust my boil off), and maybe that is what is not allowing me to do it.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210325-061210_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20210325-061210_Chrome.jpg
    68.9 KB · Views: 69
How much do you boil of / hour?
Adjust this for your target boil off 6gal.
What batch size are you?
Why do you want to boil off so much?
Are you making high gravity beer?

Ya I can probably manipulate the system to give me what I want out of it, but should I have too? Is it unreasonable to want to do a long boil?

I boil off 1.2 gallon an hour. And this will be a 6 gallon batch. And I want to boil off that much for a 15% beer...or at least that's what I'm shooting for.

Ya I can probably manipulate the system to give me what I want out of it, but should I have too? Is it unreasonable to want to do a long boil?

I boil off 1.2 gallon an hour. And this will be a 6 gallon batch. And I want to boil off that much for a 15% beer...or at least that's what I'm shooting for.

You can boil as long as you would like- but you’d have to adjust your batch size/boil size and add the time to make it work.

It seems that 240 minutes is the maximum allowable entry for boil time.

Back