Calorie Calculation

RonGrob

Trial Member
Reaction score
My apologies if this isn't the correct spot to post this.

I just entered my last log entries while packaging my latest beer. The brew log Alcohol and Attenuation section tells me that I'll have 183.2 calories per 16 ounce pour.

However, out of curiosity I also entered my OG (1.056) and FG (1.010) into the ABV Calculater. They both state the same ABV of 6.04. However, the ABV Calculator shows 183.2 calories per 12 ounce pour.

Which one is correct?

Thanks!

My self made calculator derives a result of 180 calories for 12 ounces.

Thanks for the response. The 12 ounce figure is I see to what I thought it should be. Was surprised when I saw it doe 16 ounces. Must be a glitch someplace.

Thanks for the response. The 12 ounce figure is I see to what I thought it should be. Was surprised when I saw it doe 16 ounces. Must be a glitch someplace.
Yes, I would trust the ABV calculator as that code hasn't changed.

I'm opening a ticket to review the brew log calorie calculation and get that patched.

My apologies if this isn't the correct spot to post this.

I just entered my last log entries while packaging my latest beer. The brew log Alcohol and Attenuation section tells me that I'll have 183.2 calories per 16 ounce pour.

However, out of curiosity I also entered my OG (1.056) and FG (1.010) into the ABV Calculater. They both state the same ABV of 6.04 Kalorien Rechner. However, the ABV Calculator shows 183.2 calories per 12 ounce pour.

Which one is correct?

Thanks!
The difference in calorie calculations you're observing could be due to the varying assumptions made by different calculators or methods. Generally, the number of calories in beer is influenced by factors such as alcohol content, residual sugars, and other ingredients used in the brewing process. The calorie content of beer can be estimated using different formulas, such as the "calories per ounce" or "calories per 100 milliliters" approach. The specific formula used and the assumptions made can lead to slight variations in the calculated calorie values. In your case, it seems that the brew log calculation assumes a calorie content of 183.2 calories per 16-ounce pour, while the ABV calculator provides a value of 183.2 calories per 12-ounce pour. To determine which calculation is more accurate, it would be helpful to consult reliable sources or consult with experts in the brewing field. Additionally, you could compare the results obtained from different calculators or use a verified nutritional analysis laboratory to obtain a precise measurement of the calorie content in your beer. Keep in mind that these calculations are estimates, and the actual calorie content of a specific beer can vary based on various factors, including the specific ingredients and brewing process employed.

Back