Add 'Yeast Pitched' as an option in the Brew Log to help track temp from VERY start.

NattyJ

Premium Member
Established Member
Reaction score
My work around currently is to use 'Sample'

I then select the temperature I pitched the yeast at and write a note in the notes. Otherwise there is no fermentation temperature record until to take an actual sample and list it there (if different from temp when taking the actual gravity reading)

Even a fermentation temperature changed would be useful. E.g. when brewing a saison I slowly raised the temp by 0.5c per day and had to use 'sample' and then add a note e.g. Raised fermenation temp to 28.5c

I think the Yeast pitched option would be good especially seeing as yeast starter and Yeast harvest are there.

Last edited:
In this, we need pitch temp, aeration or oxygenation, oxygen time and flow rate, ppm resultant...

That would certainly increase its usefulness to be able to add the extra info about the yeast pitch.

Good request!

I'll open a ticket to add this, it may be a new event log, or it may be added to the relevant existing events. In this case, I feel there would be a lot of overlap between "yeast pitched" and "brew day complete", however it may also be good to separate it for the recipes that include multiple yeast pitches at different times like many sour/funky brewers do.

..or for those who pitch the yeast the day after brewing complete, due to the need to cool the wort sufficiently...

Back