Television Series

About halfway through season 2 of Cobra Kai. Of course it's corny! It's karate kid all growd up and that's what makes it so great! Highly recommend.

She sure gets on the gear that's for sure. Wish drinking made me smarter seems to have reversed affects on me.

I'm only halfway through first season I'll keep watching;)
Unfortunately there's only one season, 7 episodes. I related because I'm originally from Kentucky.

Hmmmm ok well I'll definitely return to watch the rest. Yup some just go on and on.

Yeah, some go on and on until they have rung every last dollar out of the series or franchise. Then, as a fan, instead of being left wanting more, you are left trying to forget the last couple seasons.

Agree. One of the best I've watched in a long time and I don't even come close to relating to chess.
I will third that, kind of like an extra long movie, and it needed to be to do it justice.

Enjoying Star Trek - The Lower Decks. Nice to see a Trek series that doesn't take itself way to seriously.
I would love to watch that and Discovery but I really don't want to pay for CBS all access especially when all the older series are still on Netflix. In that same vein I really like The Orville and was glad to hear it got picked up on Hulu for a 3rd season but I haven't seen a release date yet.

@Hawkbox did you see Letterkenny season 9 drops on Boxing Day ( I think you guys might actually get it Christmas day up there)? They've already released the cold open as a teaser. Looks like it'll be good

I would love to watch that and Discovery but I really don't want to pay for CBS all access especially when all the older series are still on Netflix. In that same vein I really like The Orville and was glad to hear it got picked up on Hulu for a 3rd season but I haven't seen a release date yet.

@Hawkbox did you see Letterkenny season 9 drops on Boxing Day ( I think you guys might actually get it Christmas day up there)? They've already released the cold open as a teaser. Looks like it'll be good
I save up, buy All Access for a month, then cancel the subscription. But I read that CBS was going to release the Trek shows to Netflix. It seems that most are in the "I ain't buying that" camp when it comes to All Access.

I save up, buy All Access for a month, then cancel the subscription. But I read that CBS was going to release the Trek shows to Netflix. It seems that most are in the "I ain't buying that" camp when it comes to All Access.
I think it's hard to sell a streaming service based on a single franchise. I really like Star Trek but the kid in me can't resist Disney+ especially with all of Marvel and Star Wars. Can't justify paying for yet another streaming service

I think it's hard to sell a streaming service based on a single franchise. I really like Star Trek but the kid in me can't resist Disney+ especially with all of Marvel and Star Wars. Can't justify paying for yet another streaming service
Yeah, but with the exception of "A New Hope" and "Rogue One", I prefer the Star Trek series. Movies, well, Trek movies generally suck. Either they're too self-important or just space opera.

Yeah, but with the exception of "A New Hope" and "Rogue One", I prefer the Star Trek series. Movies, well, Trek movies generally suck. Either they're too self-important or just space opera.
You're hurting me by leaving off Empire but I can get that...
I like Star Trek cause it makes me think and challenges me. I like Star Wars cause it indulges my sense of fun and fantasy. And yes, those are more generalizations as both can be true about both franchises. I'm very excited for more Star Wars series and really hope they give us some Maul in the ones that take place before Rouge One.
With Star Trek movies just remember to watch the even numbered ones and skip the odds...

I am ready for it.

Back