used brewing equipment

Coronajax

Premium Member
Established Member
Reaction score
This may have been brought up before and I apologize if I overlooked it but does brewers friend have or maybe should have a classifieds section for equipment? I believe that there is always a need (yeah right) to upgrade your brewhouse, I've had pretty good feedback on the beer I have made so far and it would be cool to can my beer for my friends but can't justify buying a new system for the low volume I make but at the same time if someone had a system they decided wasn't big enough or just didn't suit their needs I'd be interested in something used. Just a thought from a newbie.

This may have been brought up before and I apologize if I overlooked it but does brewers friend have or maybe should have a classifieds section for equipment? I believe that there is always a need (yeah right) to upgrade your brewhouse, I've had pretty good feedback on the beer I have made so far and it would be cool to can my beer for my friends but can't justify buying a new system for the low volume I make but at the same time if someone had a system they decided wasn't big enough or just didn't suit their needs I'd be interested in something used. Just a thought from a newbie.
It's a great idea, unfortunately, we are so widely dispersed, I don't know how this would work. There should be bulletin boards in you area where Homebrewers buy and sell equipment. We have a fairly active one here in the Denver area.

I have had good luck selling gear on Kijiji, haven't I?

I have a couple of taps c/w 4" shanks on there if you are interested in collecting parts for kegging...

Yeah we're pretty spread out and as a Canadian most forum buy/sell areas are useless to me since they're almost always American. Local sites (Kijiji, Craigslist, etc...) are usually decent for entry level supplies though.

Same here, UK, I'm almost always after something but feel that local is the way to go where possible. I have decent Facebook groups here for kit.

With you on the canning thing too, it would be very cool but hard to justify at my volumes. Bottling works ok for now.

Craigs List.....I've bought a kettle, chiller, carboys and pails. Many folks that have lost the passion or never had but some one gave them a starter kit are out there for the buying!

That's how I got most of my stuff, I knew some people that had tried it and lost interested and gave me a bunch of it. Now I'm at that point where no one just gives away a 3 vessel RIMS system sadly.

Same here, UK, I'm almost always after something but feel that local is the way to go where possible. I have decent Facebook groups here for kit.

With you on the canning thing too, it would be very cool but hard to justify at my volumes. Bottling works ok for now.
You know itd be cool to do a swap type site where brewers from local areas can just trade brew gear of Similar value for something they might want.

Let's say you wanted a refractometer and let's say they needed a hop spider you could just do a trade item for item.

Back