September 28-30th Updates

Pricelessbrewing

BF Software Manager
Lifetime Member
Staff member
Established Member
Reaction score
We always post our changelog in our "learn" pages automatically: https://docs.brewersfriend.com/changelog. In case you may have noticed some new features, this list will show you the entire changelog:

2020-09-29
Added
  • Brew Sessions - Added temp, mash thickness, expected gravity, and time to brew steps from recipe builder.
  • Brew Sessions - Information from recipe builder overrides the placeholder guidelines from quick water requirements.
2020-09-28
Fixed
  • Recipe Builder - Fixes cost saving when sorting hops, fermentables and other.

With the Brew sessions / Brew step update, you'll see more detailed brew steps that match the recipe builder more closely. Wherever the recipe builder diverges from the QWR (Quick water requirements), the recipe builder wins.

For example, below you'll see the exact preboil volume, and preboil gravity

upload_2020-9-30_17-18-18.png

And below, the mash thickness, and infusion temperatures are used from the mash guidelines. So the Strike water is heated to 162, in order to hit the intended mash temperature of 152F.

upload_2020-9-30_17-20-4.png

Attachments

• upload_2020-9-30_17-19-10.png
    upload_2020-9-30_17-19-10.png
    22.6 KB · Views: 87
My last two brew sessions, both in October, list Brew Day Complete on day '-1'. Prior brew sessions have Brew Day Complete on day '0'. Is anyone else reporting this issue?

Any update om this issue? I brewed again today and it's listing "-1" for my brew day complete and previous log entries.
Thanks.

Any update om this issue? I brewed again today and it's listing "-1" for my brew day complete and previous log entries.
Thanks.

It’s been working fine for me- can you give me the link to the brew session and I”ll dig into it?

Looks like it corrected today. The previous two and yesterdays are all showing +0 as expectd.
Thnaks.

Back