Oily film on top of fermenting beer

However the only infection that I know like your oily film is the candida mycoderma.. but , if your film doesn't break in many white points when you move it , Enjoy your beer
What:eek:Candida now that sounds like something seperate to brewing ha ha :p sounds like something i might end up with after a big night on the town:D.
Dont wanna drink that stuff not sure what that sorta infection might taste like in the homebrewing department but keen to stick clear of it more of a hop flavour fan:p.

It's really not something that shows up unless you look closely. It just looks like vegetable oil floating on top. Could this be oils released from dry hopping?

Yes dry hop do it.. I didn't want to make you worried but by the picture the film seems to be white colour .. if not there's no problem

Either that or stop parking the old shovel head next to the well.

So I just had to read this thread, and I couldn't get past the OP...

Occasionally I will sometimes notice an oily-looking film on top of the beer after it has been in the secondary fermenter, usually prior to bottling. Is this a compound from the hops or malt? I don't think it's Star San since I'm pretty good at rinsing everything after sanitizing.

o_O
Not that this has anything to do with the point of this thread, but does anyone rinse after using Star San? I think rinsing off the sanitizer has to create some non-zero risk. Maybe I'm just paranoid.

So I just had to read this thread, and I couldn't get past the OP...

Occasionally I will sometimes notice an oily-looking film on top of the beer after it has been in the secondary fermenter, usually prior to bottling. Is this a compound from the hops or malt? I don't think it's Star San since I'm pretty good at rinsing everything after sanitizing.

o_O
Not that this has anything to do with the point of this thread, but does anyone rinse after using Star San? I think rinsing off the sanitizer has to create some non-zero risk. Maybe I'm just paranoid.
One obviously rinses after sanitizing with a no rinse sanitizer? Right?
:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

Definitely hop oils, definitely, yeah....wait a minute! Are we taking about films or movies?? o_Oo_Oo_O

I love this forum...is there any place else that a 3 year old thread with an OP that hasn't been seen in at least 2 years gets so much traffic!

Does anyone here now do secondary ferments? Rinsing away no-rinse sanitizer does defeat the purpose. The OP seems to have given the beer a lot of exposure to the air, instead of keeping things sealed away. Someone should make a movie.

Back