AnvilFoundry BIAB question

Hetken1

Trial Member
Reaction score
Hello all, I am having a good time (and brews) with my new 10.5 Foundry 220v. I have a bag and want to try using it. My question is; Do I put the bag into the mash tank or remove the mash tank all together. I have a hoist system in place.
Ken

Unless you use a false bottom or other means of holding the bag off of the bottom, just put the bag inside the malt pipe/mash tank.

I have been looking at the 10.5 Foundry and I was wondering is there anything you don't like about it? It seems to have the features I want at a decent price but I haven't heard many reviews from actual users yet. I would love to hear your thoughts.

I have one and it is great, the only thing i have done is install four SS screws lower in the tub so I can put the top screen in the tub lower to hold a bit of level in the top. I have ordered a sight glass to install so i can monitor level better. running on 220V boils great, I do not feel the need for a bag (BIAB) , it just seems to work...
To add, the wire ledge the basket sits on was kind of a pain but I installed a hook in the celing above it for a ratchiting lift rope thing and don't use the wire ring now

I have one and it is great, the only thing i have done is install four SS screws lower in the tub so I can put the top screen in the tub lower to hold a bit of level in the top. I have ordered a sight glass to install so i can monitor level better. running on 220V boils great, I do not feel the need for a bag (BIAB) , it just seems to work...
One of the reasons I like the Anvil is that it seems to be one of the few smaller all in one systems that can run on 220v, I have easy access to 220v and a shorter time to strike temp and boil is always a good thing to me. Is the sight glass offered by Anvil or are you using a standard weldless fitting?

Not offered that I know of I am adding the weldless one. You could extend the drain line but I will drill a new hole so it works while the pump is running.

Back