Us against the critters!

Ward Chillington

Trial Member
Established Member
Reaction score
Anybody else hafta deal with this sort crap with your power equipment or cars!

Little F-ers!
16030491478105377271076598173666.jpg

Trying keep warm in my splitter! Any suggestions on how to keep the mice out. Does the fabric softener trick work or is it moth balls?

Little F-ers!
View attachment 12452

Trying keep warm in my splitter! Any suggestions on how to keep the mice out. Does the fabric softener trick work or is it moth balls?

When I had my shop I saw where critters ate through wiring harnesses, vacuum hoses, plug wires, and nested in blower motor squirrel cages. Pack rats and mice would drag kibbled feed into the nests and you'd get blasted with it when you turned on the AC or defroster. This was in an ag area, so not too surprising. Glad to be in town now and not dealing with it.

When I had my shop I saw where critters ate through wiring harnesses, vacuum hoses, plug wires, and nested in blower motor squirrel cages. Pack rats and mice would drag kibbled feed into the nests and you'd get blasted with it when you turned on the AC or defroster. This was in an ag area, so not too surprising. Glad to be in town now and not dealing with it.
So how did you deal with them Bob? Just check everything before you started it up and hope for the best in the meantime?

Mothballs and old fashioned mousetraps.

Little f***ers. We deal with them non-stop. I'm still working on the wiring in my old Ford tractor they chewed up. Moth balls do work but we don't use them much at all. That smell is almost worse. Standard traps and sticky traps work the best if you can keep up. My wife purchased a new car and almost immediately the little turds built nests up on the block. I've put sticky traps in immediately. I also put them in smoker, Weber, and sprinkler control box.
Just be forewarned, you'll be dealing we with live creatures if you use sticky traps.

Little F-ers!
View attachment 12452

Any gaps or entry points you can stuff wire scrubbers into the ones you use to do dishes. The rats and mice dont like it on their teeth.

So how did you deal with them Bob? Just check everything before you started it up and hope for the best in the meantime?

Customer's cars. I repaired the damage and made money :) Moth balls or camphor bars in mesh bags helps a lot. Also advised people to keep their pet food in trash cans so the varmints couldn't get to it. We never had a problem, 'cause we had a bunch of hungry cats roaming around our land. I take that back. We did have a chewed through wire on one of our cars.

Customer's cars. I repaired the damage and made money :) Moth balls or camphor bars in mesh bags helps a lot. Also advised people to keep their pet food in trash cans so the varmints couldn't get to it. We never had a problem, 'cause we had a bunch of hungry cats roaming around our land. I take that back. We did have a chewed through wire on one of our cars.
Good mousers are the best. The neighbors have a female named Tuff. She is a killing machine. We used irish spring brand soap chips throughout the motor home last winter and that worked well.

My older Jack Russel is a good ratter/mouser. Hope he is going to teach the younger one.
And I decided to get a cat, even though I am not fond of cats

Back