australian music

Iliff Avenue Brewhouse

Trial Member
Established Member
Reaction score
Any recommendations on some current Australian music; specifically rock-centric? Being in the states it's hard for me to keep up.

Here are some bands from there that I'm into:
Karnivool
Dead Letter Circus
Birds of Tokyo
Closure in Moscow
Cog
Mammal
The Butterfly Effect
Caligula's Horse
Jericco
Circles
Guards of May

Last edited:
Anything from "The Living End" digged them growing up!
"Jebedia" mightnt be your groove.
"SuperJesus"man that chick rocks.
Of course AC/DC
COLD Chisel
Then there is Bernard Fanning from Powderfinger some all time favorites in there for sure.

Anyhow not sure if that's what your after.
Search any of them and play their music great brew day tunes for sure

Looking for stuff in the progressive rock genre similar to some of the bands I posted.

I find playing tunes on the Tube that I like sometimes YouTube will throw something left of field along the same veine of music I'm listening too I've found a few new music artists
This way.
Ray lamontagne is one that comes to mind love his tunes.

Not many in Aus have herd

You could try some King Gizzard and the Lizard Wizard. They started out pretty prog metal but are changing things up recently. Polish Club is more straight ahead rock in the tradition of Front End Loader.

I find playing tunes on the Tube that I like sometimes YouTube will throw something left of field along the same veine of music I'm listening too I've found a few new music artists
This way.
Ray lamontagne is one that comes to mind love his tunes.

Not many in Aus have herd

That is how I came across Korpiklaani, a Finnish Folk Metal band. Never something I would have looked up but wound up liking quite a bit. Sometimes the internet really does know I want :eek:. My favorite song is of course "Beer! Beer!"

I really liked Courtney Barnett’s last album. Reminded me of Kurt Vile. Slacker indie pop.

Back