Boil Size / Batch Size Issues

CraftCounts

Premium Member
Reaction score
I'm primarily an extract brewer, so I don't do full boils (usually ~ 3gals for a 5 gal batch). When I edit old recipes or generate new recipe, the boil size keep automatically changing.

I did notice a difference recently that may be causing this that I don't understand. Batch size says "ending kettle volume", but it used to say "fermentor volume". I can see how this could cause my boil size to change...

Why did this change? How can I change i back to "fermentor volume"? I rely on my boil volume, boil off loss, adsorptions, etc to calculate my top off amount to the fermentor.

I'm primarily an extract brewer, so I don't do full boils (usually ~ 3gals for a 5 gal batch). When I edit old recipes or generate new recipe, the boil size keep automatically changing.

I did notice a difference recently that may be causing this that I don't understand. Batch size says "ending kettle volume", but it used to say "fermentor volume". I can see how this could cause my boil size to change...

Why did this change? How can I change i back to "fermentor volume"? I rely on my boil volume, boil off loss, adsorptions, etc to calculate my top off amount to the fermentor.

Just click the volume size to what you'd like:
upload_2020-10-12_9-43-58.png

In this example. I want 5.25 gallons in the fermenter, and my post boil is 5.5 gallons.

Boy do I feel stupid, I knew that, just wasn't seeing my own mistake...I'm sorry, thanks!

Well, one more question...so my boil size is still changing on it's own. For example, if I put in 3 gals, and I click save it saves. But, if I click calc, it increases to 3.17...

Boy do I feel stupid, I knew that, just wasn't seeing my own mistake...I'm sorry, thanks!

No, no- don't worry about that. It's definitely not that noticeable if you don't click the dropdown! Please let me know if there is anything else you have questions about. That's what we are here for, and we love answering questions for our members.

Back