Sad news for the homebrewing world

BOB357

Trial Member
Reaction score
For those who haven't heard the bad news, Mike "Tasty" McDole has been moved into hospice care after a long battle with cancer. As you savor your next pint of Janet's Brown Ale, please say a prayer for him and his family.

For those who haven't heard the bad news, Mike "Tasty" McDole has been moved into hospice care after a long battle with cancer. As you savor your next pint of Janet's Brown Ale, please say a prayer for him and his family.
Will do Bob:(

I was saddened last night to hear of his passing. He was a good guy, and never missed an NHC/HomebrewCon until his illness. I really liked him, and enjoyed chatting with him over the years. He will be remembered among homebrewing circles.

Oh man, I hadn't heard yet. That's too bad. He was truly one of the greats. I feel fortunate to have some Janet's still on tap and will have to raise a pint to Tasty tonight. I hope he's at peace and no more suffering. Cheers Tasty!

sorry to hear about this,condolences to his family

Another on the long list of reasons to hate 2020.

In Brewing Classic Styles, Jamil Zainasheff says to toast to Mike's late wife Janet whenever you brew this recipe. Now we'll have to make two toasts. :(

Back