Just wanted to see how y'all doing!

Dilbert Fizzwinkle

Trial Member
Reaction score
New to the site, but I've been brewing for awhile now. Glad to be here.
I use a Pico C and a Pico Pro for my brewing. I like brewing just 5 Liters at a time.
Since PicoBrew shut their doors, I have had to get a Raspberry Pi 4 to use as an offline server.
In the last week or so I have brewed up an Oktoberfest, a jalapeno beer, a Red Ale and a PAM (Pale Ales Matter).
I am old and decrepit, so hauling around five gallons of hot wort just doesn't have the appeal that it never did.
And it's fun creating many beers for friends and family. (Mostly Family!)

I use a Pico C and a Pico Pro for my brewing. I like brewing just 5 Liters at a time.
Since PicoBrew shut their doors, I have had to get a Raspberry Pi 4 to use as an offline server.
In the last week or so I have brewed up an Oktoberfest, a jalapeno beer, a Red Ale and a PAM (Pale Ales Matter).
I am old and decrepit, so hauling around five gallons of hot wort just doesn't have the appeal that it never did.
Wow welcome what's that 4 beers in one week HOT dam! If that isn't an advertisement for small batch brewing I don't know what is. Hey a pico brew is one of them automated brewing things right? Any pics?

Oh love the name dilbert:p:p

Wow welcome what's that 4 beers in one week HOT dam! If that isn't an advertisement for small batch brewing I don't know what is. Hey a pico brew is one of them automated brewing things right? Any pics?

Oh love the name dilbert:p:p
Actually, it's four brews in TWO weeks, but I am thinking real hard about doing another brew today.
And yes, that is the true beauty in small batch brewing!

I'll try to get some pics up later today.

Last edited:
Pico Pro.JPG

My Pico Pro and one of the Syneks.

Pico Pro 2.jpg

A better angle!

Fermentation Keg.jpg

The Red Ale fermenting in the Pico C keg.

Pico C.JPG

The Pico C taking a break!

Synek.JPG

The other Synek.
The Synek was a good idea that was poorly executed.
How-ever, I picked up both of these for a song and decided to make them my yeast and LME fridges.
Works like a charm!

Yeah, welcome to the clubhouse Dilbert! Raspberry Pi is DIY so let's see them pictures and descriptions of how you did it!

I wish I could take credit for getting the Raspberry Pi 4 to work with my Picos.
In all honesty, that credit goes to Chief Wiggums over at Github and Andrew Thompson who uploaded
a video on youtube titled "How to setup a PicoBrew offline server"
He has both videos for either Windows or Mac.

Also, here is a shot of the Raspberry Pi 4!

RaspBerry Pi 4.JPG

View attachment 12022

My Pico Pro and one of the Syneks.

View attachment 12023

A better angle!

View attachment 12024

The Red Ale fermenting in the Pico C keg.

View attachment 12025

The Pico C taking a break!

View attachment 12026

The other Synek.
The Synek was a good idea that was poorly executed.
How-ever, I picked up both of these for a song and decided to make them my yeast and LME fridges.
Works like a charm!
Looks like an oven :).
Hey looks like that keg can handle a little bit of pressure too?
Nice and compact brew setup there Dilbert;).

Welcome Dilbert :)
My batches are a bit bigger at about 10-15 litres per time. Also partly because of the weight of kettles, grain bag (biab) etc

Hi

This looks interesting, do you know if there are any posts or videos on how to use the pico with a raspberry pi server. How do you set the recipe etc.

Thanks

Back