First Keezer Build. Few questions.

Rairch

Trial Member
Reaction score
Hi.
I've been using some mini kegs with a sodastream bottle and have been really enjoying the little system. I've liked it that much I've decided to build a keezer for the dining room. Starting off with just 2 taps and have been wondering about beer line size and length.
I've checked out the carb chart and looking to be in the 2.2-2.4v range.
(Keezer at 6deg maybe)

Am I right in thinking 3m of 3/8 line at 11psi ish would be alright to start off with then dial in the system as I go?

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers.

Hi.
I've been using some mini kegs with a sodastream bottle and have been really enjoying the little system. I've liked it that much I've decided to build a keezer for the dining room. Starting off with just 2 taps and have been wondering about beer line size and length.
I've checked out the carb chart and looking to be in the 2.2-2.4v range.
(Keezer at 6deg maybe)

Am I right in thinking 3m of 3/8 line at 11psi ish would be alright to start off with then dial in the system as I go?

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers.

You'd be close if you used 3/16" beverage line. Guessing the 3/8 was a typo. Start off with an extra 1/2 meter. It's much easier to reduce the length than it is to increase it.

The inside diameter of your lines should be 3/16.
The length seems just right and the psi is right around where I keep mine at 39-40 F.
I recommend flow control faucets (I like intertap)

Great responses. Thank you. Appreciate it.

Aye, eyeing up those intertap g2 flow. Everywhere seems sold out except an ebay listing for 57 with stainless shank. Not too bad.
They come with 3/8 JG fittings so presumed use that size line.

Looking like 4m starting point of 3/16 at 12psi and 6deg ish should get me at least using the system. Then dial it in as I go.
Can't wait to get this project started.

I've got these faucets and love em.
https://www.kegconnection.com/cmb-v3s-forward-seal-creamer-stainless-steel-faucet-compact/
One bit of advice I got when I built mine that I'd not thought of but was grateful to get once I started putting kegs in and out of the keezer, was to put all your faucets to one side so you have room to get in and out. It's amazing how fast you can bump a faucet open and when you got your hands full of keg, well....

That's some good advice. Was debating where to put the faucets.
Those look nice. I've just this minute purchased 2 x intertaps with flow control. Thought it was a decent price with shanks.

I might put the taps to one side. I'll bear it mind when drawing up the collar. Don't want any spilt beer..... It will happen though, its inevitable....

Cheers.

Also just been checking out the 3/16 beer line on malt Miller.
Seems the ID is 0.117″ so I would need a foot?!
That can't be right can it?

Also just been checking out the 3/16 beer line on malt Miller.
Seems the ID is 0.117″ so I would need a foot?!
That can't be right can it?
I don't think you can go wrong with the Intertap faucets either. Do you have drip tray plans? Someone here pointed me to a very nice one for cheap. I think it was @Head First ?
I used some Gorilla Glue tape strips and earth magnets to hold the tray to some brackets I got at HD. Works great and easily removed for cleaning.
If ya need ideas...:D

Attachments

• 15977908657383848093617090588410.jpg
    15977908657383848093617090588410.jpg
    106.7 KB · Views: 132
I can recommend that you seriously consider EVABarrier 4mm tubing for your keezer. Doesn't absorb tastes from the beer and is much better at controlling the gas that migrates through it. It has about the same resistance as 3/16 vinyl beer tubing. Pair that with the duotight fittings and it is a winner.

Evabarrier 4mm, duotight, and intertap is what I went with. Highly recommend

I can recommend that you seriously consider EVABarrier 4mm tubing for your keezer. Doesn't absorb tastes from the beer and is much better at controlling the gas that migrates through it. It has about the same resistance as 3/16 vinyl beer tubing. Pair that with the duotight fittings and it is a winner.
Thanks for the suggestion, will have to try that. I just ordered some duotight fittings, haven't opened the package yet

Their good I run the EVA 4mm internal Diameter line. Was going to suggest the Nukatap that's the latest model from kegland not sure if you've got them available over there?
But looks like the OP pulled the trigger intertaps are great only trouble I've had is when I've taken them all apart for deep clean man sometimes I sware this beer is wiping out way to many brain cells...

I don't remember what size I bought, might be 3/8"OD fittings:confused:

Of course, nothing stands still. The manufacturer now considers the intertap yesterday's technology.

I'm adding a new font to my kegerator for a fourth tap. I won't be upgrading as the Intertaps I have work very well.

I've started buying the bits in now.
Taps. JG fittings and 3/16 line.
I'll give all that a go then get some eva if there's any issues. Those fittings look great.
Just deciding on collar build now that's all sorted. Getting there, slowly.

I'll give all that a go then get some eva if there's any issues. Those fittings look great.
I built my collar out of 1X4 cedar and it worked well and looks nice. - the 1x4 was a nice low profile.

Of course, nothing stands still. The manufacturer now considers the intertap yesterday's technology.

I'm adding a new font to my kegerator for a fourth tap. I won't be upgrading as the Intertaps I have work very well.

A four tap font? Really hmmm I'm all ears I mean eyes:)!

Pictures please

Back