alcohol ban lifted

Rudibrew

Trial Member
Reaction score
Hi
so my confused government has decided to lift the alcohol and tobacco ban.
people are mentally psyching themselves fpr marathon queues outside the liquor stores tomorrow.
im not concerned,lol
i got mine sorted

Hi
so my confused government has decided to lift the alcohol and tobacco ban.
people are mentally psyching themselves fpr marathon queues outside the liquor stores tomorrow.
im not concerned,lol
i got mine sorted
Hahahaha! You sure do!

Love the new name a photo BTW!

Well,alcohol is freely available as of today.
i bought me 2 pints of the beer i usually drink and compared it to my homebrew.
it really is night and day.
my regular beer i buy,Carling is just bitter and hollow,with a dose of alcohol.
theres no,how do i explain,meat to it...
apparently,theres hops in it,none that i can taste though.
cant believe i been drinking this mass produced crap.
compared to my homebrew,im onto a quality brew in my own home.

Well,alcohol is freely available as of today.
i bought me 2 pints of the beer i usually drink and compared it to my homebrew.
it really is night and day.
my regular beer i buy,Carling is just bitter and hollow,with a dose of alcohol.
theres no,how do i explain,meat to it...
apparently,theres hops in it,none that i can taste though.
cant believe i been drinking this mass produced crap.
compared to my homebrew,im onto a quality brew in my own home.
It really is night and day! - and now you know why there are so many of us here :)

yes,and i thought maybe im biased towards my homebrew,so i gave blind taste tests to my two sons!
The coolest thing is that you have so much to learn, and your beer will just get better over time.
You will no doubt have some ups and downs with batches though.
The best thing you could do to develop your skill and brewing process is to re-brew that first beer you made until it is the same every time.
Not that I did that, it was the best advice that I never listened to!

It is amazing how many people argue about which commercial swill is better.

The best thing you could do to develop your skill and brewing process is to re-brew that first beer you made until it is the same every time.
That was the best advice I EVENTUALLY listed to!

Pretty sure @Rudibrew has actually been doing that to some extent. - Right Rudi? The only changes have been yeast and at times hops? I think he's been perfecting his blonde ale recipe. :)

I think once you have your "official" brewing setup - you'll be able to replicate, replicate, replicate! :)

The coolest thing is that you have so much to learn, and your beer will just get better over time.
You will no doubt have some ups and downs with batches though.
funny u say that,i have rebrewed my first biab twice already,it got better.
my main downer was adding 50% cara ruby with golden promise,aaargh that was a horrible tasting experiment,it didnt know if it should be sweet or bitter,and the hops was tropical!

Live and learn is the beauty of this hobby. Drinking your mistakes will motivate you to become a better brewer!

so ,i threw down the challenge to some work colleauges.
now that alcohol is available,everyone was bragging about how they downed so many glasses of carling beer.
it irritated me and challenged them to my home this weekend to have a carling and then one of my brews>>>
too cocky,i know.lol
will be fun though

so ,i threw down the challenge to some work colleauges.
now that alcohol is available,everyone was bragging about how they downed so many glasses of carling beer.
it irritated me and challenged them to my home this weekend to have a carling and then one of my brews>>>
too cocky,i know.lol
will be fun though
One way to run outta beer:eek:ahhh!

Now you really need to crank up your brewing and increase the batch size. I had a sampling party early on in my foray into brewing. After that, all the guys at work, my neighbors and fishing buddies were always looking for more samples. Kegging solved most of that problem. I never told any of them that I could bottle from the kegs :)

Now you really need to crank up your brewing and increase the batch size. I had a sampling party early on in my foray into brewing. After that, all the guys at work, my neighbors and fishing buddies were always looking for more samples. Kegging solved most of that problem. I never told any of them that I could bottle from the kegs :)
No kidding, after all of that hard work, and the agonizing patience, a bunch of freinds sample your beer, and poof it's gone! Don't be too generous!

was a good weekend,lovely beer that had carbonated great!
work colleagues were very impressed,but no samples to take home,leave them wanting mor,right?
Indeed! That is awesome! I bet they preferred the RudiBrew!

BTW - Anything "cara" is a type of caramel malt and should typically be used @10% or less though I have seen some go up to 17-20% of the grist.
Very cool that you are experimenting though! Try that recipe again with the carared at 5-8%. :) You may like what you end up with.

I will say that I have taken a keen liking to Golden Promise as a base-malt! You have a solid foundation there.

Indeed! That is awesome! I bet they preferred the RudiBrew!

BTW - Anything "cara" is a type of caramel malt and should typically be used @10% or less though I have seen some go up to 17-20% of the grist.
Very cool that you are experimenting though! Try that recipe again with the carared at 5-8%. :) You may like what you end up with.

I will say that I have taken a keen liking to Golden Promise as a base-malt! You have a solid foundation there.
going to try it with some pilsen malt at 5%,learned my lesson when using more than 20%.lol
i assume it should give slight sweetness at 5%?

Back