Recipe wont save. Tried Multiple times to edit/save.

Yeasty Boy

Premium Member
Established Member
Reaction score
As the title says i cannot seem to save an edited recipe. I go in and edit multiple fields, save repeatedly, then exit to dashboard where it appears to have saved. (ie the ABV etc have changed) Go back into recipe to edit again and it has reverted back to where i had first started, deleting all changes I had made minutes ago. I have tried to edit/save the same recipe multiple times over the last 24 hours and cannot make it stay saved. I want to brew it ASAP but cannot as it will not stay saved.

I had some issues when I created a recipe on Saturday. The software was really buggy, inserting ingredients that I had not selected, then clearing fields that I had filled. In the hops field, the numbers field for the amount of hops would not allow any input. Error messages popped up. I cussed a lot, until my wife said my blood pressure must be too high. Eventually, I got the recipe built and saved. That recipe was successfully brewed today.

This is the first I"ve heard of this- please everyone, let us know right away if there are ANY issues with the software at any time. @Pricelessbrewing and I monitor this forum, especially the tech help area, all the time. I also monitor the Help Desk email support 7 days a week, so you will get an answer or at least put in a ticket quickly if we are notified.

So, now- what's going on with your account @Yeasty Boy? I can't recreate this, but we definitely need to look into this. Is it still occurring? What happened when you deleted one of the recipes- it deleted ok? Any details you can give us will enable us to dig into this.

Hmm yeah first I've heard too.

Please let us know whenever you're having issues so we get it resolved asap.

I've had that happen before, not recently but it always goes away, I always assumed it was during an update

This is the first I"ve heard of this- please everyone, let us know right away if there are ANY issues with the software at any time. @Pricelessbrewing and I monitor this forum, especially the tech help area, all the time. I also monitor the Help Desk email support 7 days a week, so you will get an answer or at least put in a ticket quickly if we are notified.

So, now- what's going on with your account @Yeasty Boy? I can't recreate this, but we definitely need to look into this. Is it still occurring? What happened when you deleted one of the recipes- it deleted ok? Any details you can give us will enable us to dig into this.

I started a brand new recipe to avoid this editing/save bug. First time that I saved then exited to dash and then back in to edit, the recipe had doubles for every ingredient and mash step. It also had my default boil additions Whirlfoc and Nutrient incorrect; going into mash for 1 day...
I deleted all doubles now and corrected the boil defaults and saved and it looks okay so far upon reentering from another screen.

I have deleted my first recipe that gave me the original issue. (Which started as a copy from a previous recipe from December). It looks like it has stayed deleted so far.

I started a brand new recipe to avoid this editing/save bug. First time that I saved then exited to dash and then back in to edit, the recipe had doubles for every ingredient and mash step. It also had my default boil additions Whirlfoc and Nutrient incorrect; going into mash for 1 day...
I deleted all doubles now and corrected the boil defaults and saved and it looks okay so far upon reentering from another screen.

I have deleted my first recipe that gave me the original issue. (Which started as a copy from a previous recipe from December). It looks like it has stayed deleted so far.

Thanks for the info. I really apologize for this, and I can't recreate it on my end at all so I have no idea what the heck was going on. Please let me know if you ever have any issues again, and I can dig right into it. I'm around every day for these type of things. If you sent me a 'conversation', I'll get an email and notification right away so that would be great. I know we're in different time zones, so it may not be as timely as I'd like, but I will get to it as soon as possible.

Well I have been in and out for quite a few hours today and edited and saved quite a few times without any issues. Not much help to you except I'm on the other side of the Atlantic from yourselves so it could be solar flare activity hitting the US - or it is Trump to blame lol
Seriously no problems for me today - unusually...

Any thoughts that this may be a browser issue. Does it save in firefox but not chrome, for instance? Also, add-ons such as NoScript can effect saving/editing. Good luck

Back