Aggressive Vermont Ale Yeast Fermentation

Reaction score

Thought I would share the aggressive fermentation Im having at the moment, I usually use an airlock, glad I opted for the blow off now. Apologies for apalling video quality, my phone is terrible.

Pretty aggressive, but I must say, very little head room there...

Pretty aggressive, but I must say, very little head room there...
I was being greedy trying to fit in as much as possible as the last brew I didn't have enough and only got 17 X 330ml bottles. When I used to brew 23litres I always felt I had too much beer now I'm doing 11 litre brews i feel I have not got enough. Lol

I've absolutely never painted the ceiling from over filling a carboy before.... this year.

I personally don't know why aggressive fermentations are such as surprise. I just brewed a Porter, pitched it with the Wyeast version of WLP002, two days later the beer was at it's predicted terminal gravity. Some yeasts just motor through sugar and temperature is a factor as well. As for painting the ceiling of my fermentation chamber, not yet (knocks on wood).

I had taped the bubbler to the carboy cause it kept slipping out. Then the krausen filled and plugged the bubbler. Then physics happened.

I personally don't know why aggressive fermentations are such as surprise. I just brewed a Porter, pitched it with the Wyeast version of WLP002, two days later the beer was at it's predicted terminal gravity. Some yeasts just motor through sugar and temperature is a factor as well. As for painting the ceiling of my fermentation chamber, not yet (knocks on wood).
Yes I'm getting used to that now, since doing liquid yeast and starters, when doing dried yeast it was never as fun as watching the liquid work through the sugar, I've also reached the desired gravity in 2 days.

Back