FG increased too much

^Tony^

Premium Member
Reaction score
Good day. I did an edit on a recipe this morning and added a small amount of grains. BUT, the estimated FG jumped from 1.012 to 1.019. There is no way an extra kg of 2-row can account for that kind of jump in FG.

Please double check the recipe builder FG calculations.
Thanks!

Can you share the recipe and ingredient you used? It might be miss classified/categorized or unchecked as a non mashed fermentable.

Any luck?
I did some testing but haven't found anything conclusive.

I was trying to figure out a way to see the version history of the recipe, but the way our back end works for staff members isn't set up to do so when logging in as users. I'll circle back with the owners to see if there's another way around it.

Otherwise, without the sugar addition the OG was around 1.060 from what I remember, and the attenuation you have input is 70%, which should give an fg of 1.018-1.019. The sugar shouldn't change the FG, since it will all ferment out, and should just increase the OG and abv. So I think it's working properly, but want to check the version history to see what the exact changes were when the FG was lower.

I did some testing but haven't found anything conclusive.

I was trying to figure out a way to see the version history of the recipe, but the way our back end works for staff members isn't set up to do so when logging in as users. I'll circle back with the owners to see if there's another way around it.

Otherwise, without the sugar addition the OG was around 1.060 from what I remember, and the attenuation you have input is 70%, which should give an fg of 1.018-1.019. The sugar shouldn't change the FG, since it will all ferment out, and should just increase the OG and abv. So I think it's working properly, but want to check the version history to see what the exact changes were when the FG was lower.

Ok. Thanks for looking. I will stay tuned. If you need any more information I will "hop" to it ASAP.

Back