Recipe Folders - A Problem

AHarper

Premium Member
Established Member
Reaction score
I thought it was about time I tidied up my recipe list and I created a few new Folders.

I had quite a few recipes in the DEFAULT folder so I moved them into my newly created folders thus leaving my DEFAULT folder empty - so far so good....

After some other sorting out I decided to return my latest recipe back to the DEFAULT folder - as it seems to be the initial position when selecting to view your [MY RECIPES] button from the menu - so I can always jump back to my latest project.

So, selecting the recipe I want to move back to DEFAULT I hit the [MOVE RECIPES] and select DEFAULT from the drop-down list, (This is in light grey font so it should have told me something!) and... Nothing. Well not quite nothing.
The Recipe was moved right enough but NOT in the DEFAULT folder - that remains empty. The recipe gets moved into a new System generated folder called UNDEFINED (1). Sure enough - there it is.
Let's try again... Select the recipe (in UNDEFINED) and try and move it into DEFAULT...
A new UNDEFINED folder is created with the moved recipe in it. (Or is it? - too many UNDEFINED folders to tell for sure).

The upshot of all this is:
1) Once recipes are moved completely out of DEFAULT (so that it is now empty) they can not be returned. I didn't think about returning one if DEFAULT is still populated so I don't know the consequence of that.

2) Successive attempts to return files into an empty DEFAULT folder creates new UNDEFINED folders - so folder names are NOT unique and could lead to some confusion and the deletion of the wrong folder - if you are not careful.

Can we make it so DEFAULT folder can be written to - it doesn't have to be renamed (editable) like other folders?
Can we make folder names unique - thus avoiding potential deletion disasters?

I'll apologise now for the extra work caused... :)

Thanks for the report. You didn't happen to grab a screenshot of what you are seeing with the UNDEFINED folders, did you?
I've put in a ticket.

I have this if it helps.

upload_2020-6-30_14-54-52.png

Thank you!!!!!!!
You are most welcome. Sorry for being a pain and giving you all this work...

If I was in the US I'd send you a bought beer - mine don't seem to come up to my expectations yet. I'm currently working on how to adjust pH accurately enough as I think that may be part of my problems in the final flavour.
I have started a local (Brighton UK area) group on Facebook and one of the members who joined yesterday is a Frenchman, new to you UK this year and wants to start brewing again. He just happens to be a microbiologist!!! So he can have good info on avoiding infections - in the beer that is lol.

You are most welcome. Sorry for being a pain and giving you all this work...

If I was in the US I'd send you a bought beer - mine don't seem to come up to my expectations yet. I'm currently working on how to adjust pH accurately enough as I think that may be part of my problems in the final flavour.
I have started a local (Brighton UK area) group on Facebook and one of the members who joined yesterday is a Frenchman, new to you UK this year and wants to start brewing again. He just happens to be a microbiologist!!! So he can have good info on avoiding infections - in the beer that is lol.

You are definitely NOT a pain! That's what we are here for, to help out when needed.
We also are a forum, so we can discuss things and I like that we can get to help each other and get to know other brewers a little bit.
So............fire away! :)

Check out my question about the folders in the Brew Sessions....

@Yooper I seem to be having the same problem...I can move recipes from the "default" folder, but when trying to move a recipe back, it instead moves to a new folder named "undefined." Attached are the screenshots before and after attempting to transfer one recipe from "Future Times" to "default." Also, anyway to rename the default folder that I'm not seeing? Thanks so much!

Attachments

• Screenshot_20200707-121117_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20200707-121117_Chrome.jpg
    67.2 KB · Views: 61
  • Screenshot_20200707-121222_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20200707-121222_Chrome.jpg
    72.5 KB · Views: 63
@Yooper I seem to be having the same problem...I can move recipes from the "default" folder, but when trying to move a recipe back, it instead moves to a new folder named "undefined." Attached are the screenshots before and after attempting to transfer one recipe from "Future Times" to "default." Also, anyway to rename the default folder that I'm not seeing? Thanks so much!

I believe this fix is on beta, @Pricelessbrewing ?
Hopefully it'll be sorted for you as soon as possible.

Unfortunately the fix is not on beta yet, but it's in the pipeline to be fixed asap.

@Sunfire96 @AHarper the issue has been moved to beta.brewersfriend.com and I've tested it in your accounts and am unable to reproduce the bug, should be released soon.

The update for this fix has been released, please let us know if you have any further issues.

Back