MeemoNZ

Premium Member
Established Member
Reaction score
Just browsing through the forum and BF site, I can't seem to find any mention or posts relating to the Grainfather G70 - I have one on order (upgrade from Robobrew Gen2 30L).

Ive been using the RoboBrew for about 2 years now and was wondering if anyone has any equipment profiles / expereience they might share for the G70?
  • What sort of batch sizes do you do with it?
    • I intend using micro-pipework initially and sticking with 30L boil size for ~25L into fermenter.
  • What sort of efficiences are you seeing?
    • I know this is dependant on milling and other variables... I usually get 69-75% on my RoboBrew.
  • Spec sheet says boil off ~4l/hr - what has anyone experiended in practice?
    • I usually get 3-3.5L/hr with the RoboBrew.
  • Whats do people prefer as the grain-to-water ratio?
    • I currently aim for around 3L/kg with the Robobrew
  • Dead space.... In theory, it should be 0-0.2L as it is center drain and short pipe run to tap. What do people see in practice?
    • I allow for 0.75L with my RoboBrew
Cheers
Andy

Is the G70 the new Grainfather? I know there are a few robobrews around and I played with one last week but I'm not sure how common they are here.

I've got the G30 so probably wouldn't be much help. You should check out David Heath. He's done several vids on it.

Short circuited brewing has also.

Is the G70 the new Grainfather? I know there are a few robobrews around and I played with one last week but I'm not sure how common they are here.

Yep, G70 is the new / latest Grainfather. Ive been very happy using my Gen2 RoboBrew - that is until the circuit board stated to fault after 18 months and now the 500W element doesnt always turn on. This means very slow brews and cant be fixed as no spares available.

The Grainfather G70 is just the next step up AND has a 3 yr warranty!

I was going to mention David Heath he's had a few dramas with this unit. Good luck hope it is what you expect.

Back