Fermentation Chart

Steelyace

Premium Member
Reaction score
I logged temperatures roughly twice a day during my last fermentation under other, these aren't showing up under the fermentation chart? Is there a way to make them show up?

Unfortunately I don't think it's set up to support log entries of "other" in the fermentation chart.

You would have to go in and change each of the brew log entries to a different type that's supported, such as sample.

To add to this, if you're technically inclined we recently added the ability to export and import your brew sessions recently which could be used to quickly replace all of the "types" in a brew log.

https://docs.brewersfriend.com/api/fermentation

If it's a lot of entries, and you're comfortable using the API or would like some assistance using it, let me know and I can help out.

Use GET to export the brew log, then copy the CSV or JSON data and use any editor to quickly replace all of the "other" with "sample" then use POST to import the brew log. Maybe takes a minute once you figure it out.

Unfortunately I don't think it's set up to support log entries of "other" in the fermentation chart.

You would have to go in and change each of the brew log entries to a different type that's supported, such as sample.

Which brew log entries ARE supported? I checked "Fast ferment test" and that type is not plotted either. Which entry type is intended for gravity readings during fermentation?

Which brew log entries ARE supported? I checked "Fast ferment test" and that type is not plotted either. Which entry type is intended for gravity readings during fermentation?

When you add your Brew Log entry with gravity and temperature, are you checking the Chart Annotation box at the bottom of the entry window? I'm also using Other for making daily entries, but most of my temps and gravities in my fermentation chart are from my Tilt updates. See my log entry window below and my fermentation chart below that. Below the fermentation chart it will list all of your Other entries in case you included comments.

FYI, I'm accessing BF via MS Edge on a Win 10 PC.

upload_2020-5-23_8-57-21.png
upload_2020-5-23_8-58-6.png

When you add your Brew Log entry with gravity and temperature, are you checking the Chart Annotation box at the bottom of the entry window? I'm also using Other for making daily entries, but most of my temps and gravities in my fermentation chart are from my Tilt updates. See my log entry window below and my fermentation chart below that. Below the fermentation chart it will list all of your Other entries in case you included comments.

Thanks for pointing out that feature, eheeke. It's a good method to highlight milestones and more than I was looking for. Will use "sample" log entries for plotting from here on out :)

I'd have to check the code but it does make sense to only support fermentation related log entries on the graph.

A fast fermentation test is not actually a normal part of the fermentation process. For those that may be unfamiliar it's when you take a small portion of the wort, usually at the brew day, or after a primary if you're adding additional microbes, and basically make a starter with it to see what the expected FG is.

Due to the typical lack of fermentation temp control on this portion, and a large overpitch of yeast, the gravity chart is usually much faster, and not related to the main bulk of the wort. So it's not really related to the actually fermentation.

Of the top of my head I'm pretty sure fermentation, fermentation complete, and "sample" are supported.

A fast fermentation test is not actually a normal part of the fermentation process. For those that may be unfamiliar it's when you take a small portion of the wort, usually at the brew day, or after a primary if you're adding additional microbes, and basically make a starter with it to see what the expected FG is.
Ya learned me sumthin'! Thanx!

Of the top of my head I'm pretty sure fermentation, fermentation complete, and "sample" are supported.
I do not have "Fermentation" as an option.:confused:

Ya learned me sumthin'! Thanx!

I do not have "Fermentation" as an option.:confused:
You're right, that doesn't exist. Everything between sample, and fermentation complete should in theory show up on the chart. I'm not 100% that is the case, but I'll double check once I get through my current worklog later today.

Back