Brew Log - Default Date Incorrect

OrbDog

Premium Member
Reaction score
When I brew, I typically leave the Brew Session page open for days for easy log entries. I came across a "gotcha" that I'm not so sure is intended.

When creating a Brew Log entry, the default date/time stamp is when the Brew Session page was opened (or refeshed), not when the Brew Log entry is actually being created. So when keeping the same Brew Session page open for an extended duraiton, take care to update the Brew Log date/time to the current time, or else all of your entries will be depicted at the same time.

Good catch, I'll leave this up to @Yooper's discretion though since I'm not sure it's worth the effort to try and patch when refreshing solves the issue and this is the first report I've heard.

Good catch, I'll leave this up to @Yooper's discretion though since I'm not sure it's worth the effort to try and patch when refreshing solves the issue and this is the first report I've heard.

I've been thinking about this. I don't think we'll be doing anything with this, as it may cause more issues than it would fix. We all have different ways of doing our brew logs, but normally the entries are done at brewing, or at checking the SG, or even added later but I don't know of anyone else that just leaves the windows open for what may be weeks.

If we get more issues with this, we can address it but I don't think this is something that is going to be patched any time soon I'm afraid.

I agree, it's a minor point. Thanks for checking it and keep up the great work!

Back