Hello :)

jimbob9400

Trial Member
Reaction score
Hi all,

iv been lurking around here for a while mainly searching for recipe ideas etc but thought since iv become a paid member id say hello :)

Iv been brewing on and off for best part of 5 years but recently got back into it. I started brewing with kits and then moved to extract but mainly been an all grain brewer and iv steadily added to my equipment. My equipment is only basic all grain stuff for now, usually brewing 23L batches (Im in the UK). Though very tempted by the Grain Father all in one stuff at the mo... must resist...

Iv been planting the seed with the other half while we've been on lock down and she even did a cider kit a couple of weeks ago which we bottled yesterday, so will see how that tastes in a week or so (didnt smell great tbh out of the fermenter but tasted ok).

Iv got a Belgian style pale ale in the fermenter which iv added some dry hops to today so be interesting to see how that turns out. Iv also got a brew day tomorrow of an IPA, so pretty busy really :)

Im only bottling at the minute, which i know most people think is a chore but i quite like the process.

Tonight i will be having a couple of bottles of Cascade Pale which is a beer from my local brewery Saltaire.

Happy Sunday everyone

Welcome to Brewers Friend!
Interested to hear how that Belgian comes out!

Welcome! I assume the Cider smelled of sulfur? Sometimes you have to let them off-gas for a while while trying not to let oxygen in...

Good luck!
I have a robobrew and love it! It certainly helped me gain consistency!
Definitely let us know how the Belgian comes out! The cider too :)

Welcome!!

And I absolutely agree with the above...keep us posted on that Belgian! And maybe a pic of that Cascade Pale in the "What are you drinking now" thread.

Welcome to the forums. I am new to brewing so have more questions at the moment than I have answers but there are a lot of great people here willing to help.

Cheers

Welcome!
I love my Belgian beers!
I concur with the others, let us know howbit comes out!

Cheers Jimbob one of my best friends from when I young was named Jimbob happy Brewing to you mate ;)

Welcome to the best brewing forums on the web. I used to invite my best friend over for supper and a few beers on bottling day. Made it a far less boring task. We usually ended up making more of a mess than I did by myself, but that was half the fun. Been kegging for about 10 years now, but still keep some bottles around in case I decide to brew a Barleywine of RIS.

Back