Brew Log update - lost auto incrementing of Event type

eheeke

Premium Member
Established Member
Reaction score
I like the new Brew Log sorting with newest entries at the top. It saves a lot of scrolling; however, I've noticed a couple of things that need fixing:

1) When adding a new log entry, the system no longer auto increments the Event Type to the next logical event. Now, the default event for a new entry is always "Mash Complete". Once the system has a Mash Complete entry, it should go to the next step, etc. Once the brew is packaged, the system should propose "Tasting Note" from that day forward. It's not hard to scroll to the correct entry, just annoying.

2) The sort order by Date (newest at top) appears to be correct. However, the little italicized comments such as "6 minutes ago" or "5 days ago" under the date/time entry are not calculating correctly in the Date column. The Date column seems to be using the Updated column for it's calculation at least when showing minutes. When entries move to Days, they appear to be correct. Not a huge deal, but not quite right.
upload_2020-4-18_9-24-34.png

Thanks, Eric

Looking at this-, thanks Eric!

Yooper, anything new on the loss of autoincrementing of the brewing Event Types? This was a past feature that got lost in these recent upgrades. Thanks.

Yooper, anything new on the loss of autoincrementing of the brewing Event Types? This was a past feature that got lost in these recent upgrades. Thanks.

I don't know. @Pricelessbrewing is tied up at the moment (well, not literally I hope), but he'll likely have the info right at hand. If not, I'll see what I can find out. Sorry to not know right now- things are moving so fast around here with the developers.

Thanks for the tag @Yooper.

I actually see that this is working on both the live site and beta, and I just tested it in two recipes on mobile.

Are you still seeing it stuck on mash complete @eheeke?

Cycle was

Mash complete
Preboil
Boil complete
Brew day complete
Fermentation complete
Packaged
Tasting note

Yes, still seeing the issue. I think I traced it to the new Brew Log Default Sort Order setting.
* If sort order is this historical (Old-New), the auto incrementing seems to work properly.
* If sort order is (New-Old), which I prefer, 'Mash Complete' comes up most every time.

Yes, still seeing the issue. I think I traced it to the new Brew Log Default Sort Order setting.
* If sort order is this historical (Old-New), the auto incrementing seems to work properly.
* If sort order is (New-Old), which I prefer, 'Mash Complete' comes up most every time.
I've tried to replicate, but it's still not happening for my account even when changing the settings.

I am able to reproduce the issue on your account however, so I'm going to see if I can isolate the issue and find out what's causing it in addition to the sorting method.

It's back and working, at least for me, and the order of steps once again makes sense.

I've tried to replicate, but it's still not happening for my account even when changing the settings.

I am able to reproduce the issue on your account however, so I'm going to see if I can isolate the issue and find out what's causing it in addition to the sorting method.

Since it appeared that only my account was impacted by this issue, I decided to create separate trial account. In this way, I was starting from ground zero without any special setting adjustments I might have made. I created a completely new simple AG recipe with a couple of grains and two hop additions.

Unfortunately for me, my results were exactly the same as with my established account:
* If sort order is (New-Old), which I prefer, it won't increment past Pre-Boil Gravity (Note: Initially this was stuck on Mash Complete; however, now it seems to hang on Pre-Boil Gravity. Same on both accounts.)

It doesn't matter whether I start with one brew log sort order before Brewing a recipe or if I change sort order after the brew log is already started. I even changed the recipe from Kettle to Fermentor target, but that didn't have an impact.

One thing to note is that when I am sorting the brew log New to Old, the Event Type that pops up first is Mash Complete (which is correct), and the second is Pre-Boil Gravity (again correct). The problem begins with the third and subsequent that are Pre-Boil Gravity. See below.

upload_2020-5-7_22-18-40.png

Again, surely I'm not the only one with this issue since I was able to duplicate it on a totally separate, new account.

Thanks, Eric

Again, surely I'm not the only one with this issue since I was able to duplicate it on a totally separate, new account.

Thanks, Eric
We have a fix on beta.brewersfriend that has solved your issue and I've approved it just now after testing, so it should be released live soon. Thanks for your patience and assistance.

We have a fix on beta.brewersfriend that has solved your issue and I've approved it just now after testing, so it should be released live soon. Thanks for your patience and assistance.

I appreciate the update on the fix. I see that you tested functionality on my Trickster recipe on 5/14. I'm not sure if these are related, but now the "Updated" date on the My Brew Sessions page is not picking up the true last Updated date on the individual beers Brew Log page. The same thing is happening on a couple of my other recipes.

upload_2020-5-15_5-54-42.png

upload_2020-5-15_5-55-34.png

I appreciate the update on the fix. I see that you tested functionality on my Trickster recipe on 5/14. I'm not sure if these are related, but now the "Updated" date on the My Brew Sessions page is not picking up the true last Updated date on the individual beers Brew Log page. The same thing is happening on a couple of my other recipes.

View attachment 10079
View attachment 10080
Yes, since the issue was isolated to some users it needed to be tested on a known recipe/user. I made sure to open a new brew session, to keep your existing session intact.

It looks like the brew sessions updated column is using the recipe update timestamp, I'll pass that along in a new ticket. Good catch!

FYI the fix for this was just released live. Let us know if you encounter anymore problems!

FYI the fix for this was just released live. Let us know if you encounter anymore problems!
Just found your response from earlier this week. I'm sorry to say it's not yet working properly on my account. I even logged out and logged back in. Still behaving the same. FYI, I'm using MS Edge on a Win 10 PC.
upload_2020-5-23_9-11-0.png

upload_2020-5-23_9-11-48.png

Just found your response from earlier this week. I'm sorry to say it's not yet working properly on my account. I even logged out and logged back in. Still behaving the same. FYI, I'm using MS Edge on a Win 10 PC.
View attachment 10171
View attachment 10172
Thanks for the follow-up, and I apologize for the lack of resolution on that part of the update. I'll circle back on this tonight when I get home.

The issue in your last post wasn't part of this update, but I've opened a new ticket for it. As the status changes and it moves to beta and then gets released I'll update here.

The release for this has gone live, thanks for your patience, please let us know if you have anymore issues @eheeke.

Back