[Bug - Firefox] Changing gravity unit freezes the page

KremlinCardinal

Trial Member
Reaction score
I noticed today and yesterday that while adding or editing a log entry, if you want to change the gravity unit (in my case from Specific Gravity to Refractometer), doing so will completely freeze the webpage. This bug does not occur on Chrome AFAIK.

No screenshot here scince that's frozen anyway.

Well, darn. For some reason it's working fine now.
I'll keep an eye on it the next few days and see if I can reproduce.

Edit: restarting the browser did the trick. It's broken again.

Darn it! I'll put in a ticket right away for this. I apologize for the problem, and we'll fix it ASAP.

I'm unable to reproduce this issue on my computer in firefox, Windows 10, firefox, all up to date.

Would you be able to disable any extensions/addons, and open a new private window and try again?

I'm unable to reproduce this issue on my computer in firefox, Windows 10, firefox, all up to date.

Would you be able to disable any extensions/addons, and open a new private window and try again?
So, I disabled all my extensions, restarted the browser and opened brewersfriend in a new private window. The same bug occurred.

See screen recording: https://gyazo.com/335d3ae197b4ecaea4a7fc5e3e799cb7

The crash only triggers with the onClick event and only when selecting the refractometer, hovering is fine. Console shows no errors and clicking the refractometer option does seem to trigger JS, since I do see that the DOM is updated around the dropdown, but for some reason it freezes the page.

As said, selecting the second option (Plato) works without a flaw.

That's super funky. And it's not even some abomination of a fake select element, so something down in the browser level of things? I just tried reproducing (sorry to butt in, but that screen cap was really interesting) and couldn't reproduce. Windows 10, tried on current versions of Chrome, Edge and Firefox.

Yeah, seems to me that it's a brewser-side issue, though that's also a bit weird since than it should be easier to reproduce, right?

I've had a fair share of front-end programming experience, but this seems like one of this 'magic' things...
I think I'll try reinstalling FF, see what that does.

Yeah, seems to me that it's a brewser-side issue, though that's also a bit weird since than it should be easier to reproduce, right?

I've had a fair share of front-end programming experience, but this seems like one of this 'magic' things...
I think I'll try reinstalling FF, see what that does.
Good luck, let us know if you find anything or if it's still happening. I just tested again, still working on my end.

Back