Smaller Batches Than Recipe

BattleBuddy

Premium Member
Reaction score
Hi,

Sorry for the noob question, I am about to venture in to the AG world but don't have a big kit.
When a recipe is for a much higher qty, say 60L, and i only want to make 15L, is it simple division of 4 on the quantities or is there more to it?

THanks

Nick

No, that’s about it. Just make sure all ingredients are proportioned the same. If you forget to divide the hops by four, you might not like the results.

The only exception is yeast. If your recipe calls for two packs, you can add a full pack instead of a half. Over-pitching yeast is not generally a problem.

If you copy/create the recipe here you can use the Scale option in the Recipe Tools button up near the top to scale it up or down.

Hi,

Sorry for the noob question, I am about to venture in to the AG world but don't have a big kit.
When a recipe is for a much higher qty, say 60L, and i only want to make 15L, is it simple division of 4 on the quantities or is there more to it?

THanks

Nick
Everything but the water. For the water, you have to subtract the boil-off rate for your equipment, divide the remainder by four, then add the boil off rate back (it doesn't scale). Everything else is linear (approximately - there are equipment differences between 60l and 15l).

Reactions: Jnh

Back